Best Emerging Economies for Finance Major?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Best Emerging Economies for Finance Major?

Post by zacb »

Hi,

I am majoring in finance, but I am hoping that I can make enough online so I don't have to go to work. But let's say I need to use my second option, my college degree, which places would need my skills the most and would pay me a decent amount of money? HK and Singapore are rather competitive, I would rather not work in New York and London, and I would like to GT*O out of the US as soon as possible. I was thinking maybe about Dubai or San Paulo. Any thoughts?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Best Emerging Economies for Finance Major?

Post by momopi »

zacb wrote:Hi,
I am majoring in finance, but I am hoping that I can make enough online so I don't have to go to work. But let's say I need to use my second option, my college degree, which places would need my skills the most and would pay me a decent amount of money? HK and Singapore are rather competitive, I would rather not work in New York and London, and I would like to GT*O out of the US as soon as possible. I was thinking maybe about Dubai or San Paulo. Any thoughts?
There are many mutual fund & investment companies that invest in emerging economies. They hire analysts and send them there to do research on foreign companies before deciding if they should invest in them.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: Best Emerging Economies for Finance Major?

Post by zacb »

momopi wrote:
zacb wrote:Hi,
There are many mutual fund & investment companies that invest in emerging economies. They hire analysts and send them there to do research on foreign companies before deciding if they should invest in them.
I would love that! Any more info?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

You should ask this question of your finance professors. Most HA members are either underemployed or unemployed.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Devil Dog wrote:You should ask this question of your finance professors. Most HA members are either underemployed or unemployed.
LOL nice.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Ha ha ha, Devil Dog touches a raw nerve.

I work in IT and if I wanted money quickly I'd go to Dubai. Asia is hard since you're competing with a whole bunch of Asian people who will also be fluent in the local languages. Shanghai is China's financial centre, but I didn't like it that much.

If you're up for an adventure try to find an internship in China.

I should really get off my ass and find some kind of IT job out here instead of hanging around on this board. Well if there were more bars in China I'd hang out in them instead!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

supposedly, South Africa has a brain drain, but they are angling to be a financial center. I also considered Sam Paulo, or maybe SA in general. Not quite sure about Dubai, if it is too competitive or not.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

SA is not for the weak of hearts. No one ever mentions it anywhere, but it is one of the most dangerous places in the world. I would find out what means of self-protection and services are available to foreigners if I wanted to work there.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.