Is it true that there was no inflation before 1913?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Winston
Site Admin

Is it true that there was no inflation before 1913?

Post by Winston »

I saw this interview with Aaron Russo by Alex Jones. A friend of mine showed it to me. It was 90 minutes long and very informative. Here it is if you want to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAaPjqdbgQ

In it, Russo said that before 1913 when the Federal Reserve was created, there was no inflation in America for a hundred years.

Is that true? If so, why don't more people realize what's going on then? Is that true in other countries as well?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

There were brief episodes of money-printing inflation, like during the Revolution and also the Civil War. But those got sorted out. The dollar was originally a fixed amount of silver, later a fixed amount of gold. Gold in particular seems to be very stable in terms of what staples it buys.

Others may have shared this opinion long ago:
And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted , and became into four heads. The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; And the gold of that land is good:
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Is it true that there was no inflation before 1913?

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:I saw this interview with Aaron Russo by Alex Jones. A friend of mine showed it to me. It was 90 minutes long and very informative. Here it is if you want to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAaPjqdbgQ

In it, Russo said that before 1913 when the Federal Reserve was created, there was no inflation in America for a hundred years.

Is that true? If so, why don't more people realize what's going on then? Is that true in other countries as well?
No, it's not true. Most people don't learn it because history is boring to most people.
There was inflation during the Civil War, and during the Gold Rush & Comstock Lode years.
All of those took place within 100 years of 1913.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything