Why are more american males becoming more belligerent

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Why are more american males becoming more belligerent

Post by Mr.Darcy »

and hostile. I think the whole alpha male attitude is starting to get in to the heads of young americans. I am sick of having men that I know I can snap and half try to be ass hats because they think it is cool and alpha.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I agree. Take for example this recent news story:

Bored kids kill Aussie baseball player
viewtopic.php?t=19889
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster

Post by ContraMundumRants »

The whole PUA thing about being an Alpha male only encourages sociopathic and narcissistic behavior
on the part of men.

Instead of trying to cooperate with one another, now we have men trying to outdo each other
in public in order to get female attention. That is very well for goats and other animals to do,
but human beings can do much better.

For me, Alpha male is about improving yourself, becoming a better version of "you" physically,
emotionally, financially, mentally and spiritually, but it doesn't involve acting like a douche.

But we all know that douchebaggery and thuggery are admired by toxic Western women.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ContraMundumRants wrote:The whole PUA thing about being an Alpha male only encourages sociopathic and narcissistic behavior
on the part of men.

Instead of trying to cooperate with one another, now we have men trying to outdo each other
in public in order to get female attention. That is very well for goats and other animals to do,
but human beings can do much better.

For me, Alpha male is about improving yourself, becoming a better version of "you" physically,
emotionally, financially, mentally and spiritually, but it doesn't involve acting like a douche.

But we all know that douchebaggery and thuggery are admired by toxic Western women.
FSchmidt used to talk about finding a religious cult to join, or starting one. He doesn't even believe in God. He just wants a group of men who look out for each other, and can be trusted. Doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

But hard to find!

Is HA itself the answer? Can we trust each other here?

Or is it going to require something else?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are more american males becoming more belligerent

Post by Jester »

Mr.Darcy wrote:and hostile. I think the whole alpha male attitude is starting to get in to the heads of young americans. I am sick of having men that I know I can snap and half try to be a** hats because they think it is cool and alpha.
If that's so, then "alpha male" is coming close to "flaming queer." But I know what you mean.

In addition to physical strength, a guy now needs to be grounded and observant enough to come back with a put-down that will hurt the prick enough so that he won't be disrespectful anytime soon. The goal is not to BECOME a smirky guy, the goal is to kick them in the nuts and go on about your life.

Just for fun, if anyone has heard or been the target of an insult, put-down, or condescending question, post it, and we can all post some possible comebacks.
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster

Post by ContraMundumRants »

Jester wrote:
FSchmidt used to talk about finding a religious cult to join, or starting one. He doesn't even believe in God. He just wants a group of men who look out for each other, and can be trusted. Doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

But hard to find!

I am actually part of a religious group, and I do get some emotional support from the men in the group, but
there is not much talk about how men are getting shafted in the West. In fact, a lot of the talk is about
how women have been discriminated against by men in the past and are still begin discriminated against
in religions like Catholicism which doesn't allow women to become priestesses.

In other words, even if you guys find a religious group to join, talking about Men's Rights, Misandry,
Feminism, and other such things will be taboo.

This is the reason why I am in this forum because I can talk about these "taboo" subjects without
fear of any repercussions of being labeled a misogynist or just being plain misunderstood.

Regarding trusting other members, I have never met anyone of you in real life, so it's hard to say.
Also, realize how many of us get pulled into arguments against each other, so even if we tried
to form a group, I am not sure how cohesive it will be.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ContraMundumRants wrote:
Jester wrote:

But hard to find!

I am actually part of a religious group, and I do get some emotional support from the men in the group, but
there is not much talk about how men are getting shafted in the West. In fact, a lot of the talk is about
how women have been discriminated against by men in the past and are still begin discriminated against
in religions like Catholicism which doesn't allow women to become priestesses.

In other words, even if you guys find a religious group to join, talking about Men's Rights, Misandry,
Feminism, and other such things will be taboo.

This is the reason why I am in this forum because I can talk about these "taboo" subjects without
fear of any repercussions of being labeled a misogynist or just being plain misunderstood.

Regarding trusting other members, I have never met anyone of you in real life, so it's hard to say.
Also, realize how many of us get pulled into arguments against each other, so even if we tried
to form a group, I am not sure how cohesive it will be.
Good points.

So... criteria....

-- not a mainstream religious group
-- men only
-- some reason to trust each other via a common purpose

Hmmm...

:?

ideas...

-- accountability circle? (sharing progress on personal goals)

-- emigration preppers? (personal goals focused on foreign gf, bride or concubines)

-- workout team? (group workouts)

:?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

--Certain martial arts clubs.
--Street gangs.