White guy hates how he is treated in Japan

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: White guy hates how he is treated in Japan

Post by Taco »

Zionosis wrote: Go to the Philippines where most of the women have been raised thinking they are ugly and white people are like gods.
Raising women to think their beautiful doesn't work. That's why Filipinos don't do it. In addition, I'm just glad there's one country on this planet that likes white people.

Once the birth rate of a country gets below replacement the women are no longer worth dating. These women are no longer looking for a man.

Last edited by Taco on February 17th, 2015, 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Taco wrote:
Zionosis wrote: Go to the Philippines where most of the women have been raised thinking they are ugly and white people are like gods.
Raising women to think their beautiful doesn't work. That's why Filipinos don't do it. In addition, I'm just glad there's one country on this planet that likes white people.
They don't like all white people by default, though. My in-laws for example say they are not particularly fond of white people as a whole, but that of those they have met the Canadian and European ones have been far easier to get along with and better looking then the American ones. My mother-in-law complained about an American woman they once had as a guest, who was extremely picky when it comes to food, very spoiled and unwilling to try any of her native dishes. She also met a white man from Belgium once, and according to her and my father-in-law, he was shy, didn't say a word and, worst of all in my father-in-laws eyes: he wouldn't have a drink with the men! :lol:

White people aren't treated "like Gods" in the Philippines, that's nonsense. But at the same time, they will discover that people will typically be more interested in them as opposed to many other countries. How much you are liked is determined primarily by your willingness to adapt and your general attitude in dealing with the locals.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Taco wrote:
They don't like all white people by default, though. My in-laws for example say they are not particularly fond of white people as a whole, but that of those they have met the Canadian and European ones have been far easier to get along with and better looking then the American ones. My mother-in-law complained about an American woman they once had as a guest, who was extremely picky when it comes to food, very spoiled and unwilling to try any of her native dishes. She also met a white man from Belgium once, and according to her and my father-in-law, he was shy, didn't say a word and, worst of all in my father-in-laws eyes: he wouldn't have a drink with the men! :lol:

White people aren't treated "like Gods" in the Philippines, that's nonsense. But at the same time, they will discover that people will typically be more interested in them as opposed to many other countries. How much you are liked is determined primarily by your willingness to adapt and your general attitude in dealing with the locals.
One thing I really love about Philippines for most people I've met from various classes - they are keen to invite you to their homes, take you to their schools to meet their classmates and/or circle of friends, share their food, let you stay in their homes, and just open up their lives. They behave very openly and generously. Some people may mistake that as special treatment for white folk. But I think it's more just the way they are in general.

If you want white privilege, perhaps certain parts of India are much better for that. But don't expect an easy time trying to date the locals there lol.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Rock wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
Taco wrote:

They are keen to invite you to their homes, and just open up their lives.
That's not the only thing they open up. hehe

A Filipina 28 years younger than me told my wife today I was gaupo.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

ladislav wrote:Yohan, your experiences and mine are different. Thus, they are anecdotal. You experienced ABC and I experienced XYZ. Let the reader decide whom the want to follow. Two years is not a long time but it's longer than one week. Anyway, you think a certain way and I think a certain way about Japan. Again,let the reader be the judge.
I understand what you mean with anecdotal reports, but your reports about living in Japan are 25 years old. They are not wrong, but they are outdated. Japan and also many parts of this world changed a lot during the last 25 years.

My anecdotal evidence is about 2015, and your experiences are from 1990. People are not the same, 25 years is a long time.

For example you write that Japanese people do not want to travel abroad. However 14 percent of the Japanese population - about 17 million Japanese people were boarding airplanes for trips to abroad in 2014. - This is the reality now and totally different from what you have seen in 1990.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
Seems many of the people on here have never been to Japan and base the Japanese off stupid memes and baloney stuff like "Japan times" site which is really run by westerners that sensationalize things.
I spent two years there. Studied Japanese for five before going there.
Instead of being moronic how about looking up real statistics and then at least visiting Japan for a few weeks for yourself.
An expensive proposition
Yes the people there aren't whitewashed American worshipers,
They used to be. Right after the war-- under the muzzles of American guns. Nagai mono ni makarero. Now, they too rich.
if you want that crap go to the Philippines where most of the women have been raised thinking they are ugly and white people are like gods.
Yesssssssssssssss! Love it!
I have been to Japan and it's quite comfortable and relaxing there and the people are nice. It depends who you are though, if you are an ignorant of their culture loudmouth American fool then no they probably won't like you.
Some won't like you even if you are not loud mouthed. It's called prejudice.
Seems many on here want the type of women you fine in the Philippines. You know a country that is whitewashed since WW2 and was occupied by the USA an is #1 on lists of countries who love the USA!
If you are tall and blond and under 35 and have a good job, go to Japan. If you are a 55 year old, paunchy and balding, the Philippines is better.
So many of the women there think white people are amazing and they dislike their own people.
Yessssssssssssss! Yaba-daba-doooooooooooooooo! Here we come!
If that's the type of woman you want then you have problems I would say.
Problems like being over 50 and not a blond adonis. And not rich and wanting an 18-26 woman. Yeah, I call it a problem.
Also the whole culture in the Philippines is quite screwed up. They strongly circumcise and believe that if a man is not circumcised he isn't even a man. Divorce is illegal there. The country is basically 3rd world. Seems many there can't really even think for themselves in fact. It's crazy there.
It is. So, you just pick and choose. You don't marry there unless really in love. You don't circumcize. You may not even want to have a kid there.
Also in general it's not a good idea to go get a woman from a 3rd world country if you know what I mean. But seems some men are so desperate they don't care about the reasons and just happy that a woman would even get with him.
You gotta use the arbitrage. Japan is great for someone who looks like this:

Not for someone who looks like this:

And we need love, too!
This was HILARIOUS!!

:lol: :lol:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

But he loves how he is treated in Thailand.
How I got from Hell to Paradise | Life in Thailand - Ko Samet

The women are beautiful and the people seem friendly and laid back. At 14:10, they may be two ladyboys. I can't tell for sure.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

There are several major Japanese companies in my city here in the United States, so i've dealt with Japanese people a lot. I've also worked for one of the Japanese companies and worked under Japanese management there. My experience with Japanese people has been very positive. They are nice people that are always smiling and they are very polite. However, most of them aren't good English speakers, so it is hard to communicate with them beyond limited small talk. Apart from the language barrier, I don't see why a person would have issues interacting with Japanese people.
Last edited by GoingAwol on July 20th, 2016, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The ones you meet in the USA are different from the ones you meet in Japan. Also being a guest in Japan is different from living there and functioning in Japanese.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

ladislav wrote:The ones you meet in the USA are different from the ones you meet in Japan. Also being a guest in Japan is different from living there and functioning in Japanese.
The ones I met here in the United States were mostly Japanese citizens that spoke very little English, so I don't see how they would be much different than the Japanese people I would meet if I went to Japan.
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Post by livefreeordie »

Not to mention the radioactive fallout from Fukushima, which they still cant come to grips with and seem to constantly lie and distort the truth of its reality, which I think is a fair bit worse than they claim

I sense for this reason and others is a culture in serious decline, and what about those guys that are choosing artificial electronic 'girlfriends', pure craziness!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

GoingAwol wrote:
ladislav wrote:The ones you meet in the USA are different from the ones you meet in Japan. Also being a guest in Japan is different from living there and functioning in Japanese.
The ones I met here in the United States were mostly Japanese citizens that spoke very little English, so I don't see how they would be much different than the Japanese people I would meet if I went to Japan.

They at least got a passport, got on a plane, paid money for the ticket and moved to America to live/work/study. That means that they actually accepted the idea of living/working/studying outside of Japan. It means being very open minded, by Japanese standards.

A similarity would be a very provincial American, say, from the Azorks, actually buying a ticket to go and live in Japan and rent an apartment there and go out and meet Japanese people every day and even speak a little Japanese. You would probably call such an American very international.

So, they are different, just by virtue of them not being in Japan.

Issues in Japan? Well, just google discrimination in Japan and read about what goes on. In Asia, a smiling, polite person does not mean anything beyond just being that: smiling and polite. Anyway, hard to explain, you need to go and see it yourself. And learn Japanese to see what goes on.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

ladislav wrote:
Issues in Japan? Well, just google discrimination in Japan and read about what goes on. In Asia, a smiling, polite person does not mean anything beyond just being that: smiling and polite. Anyway, hard to explain, you need to go and see it yourself. And learn Japanese to see what goes on.
Actually it is pretty easy to explain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honne_and_tatemae
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

I can't speak for Japan, but I can comment on Korea, which has some similarities. Koreans living in America are absolutely nothing like the Koreans in Korea. Ladislav's analogy is perfect.

Before I went to Korea, I had several Korean friends and thought I understood Korean culture somewhat. Imagine my surprise when I go to Korea and discover the Koreans there have nothing in common with the open-minded Koreans I met in America.

There was loads of discrimination, and it could get nasty. Some people didn't want to recognize it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

I think some people insist on wearing rose-colored glasses and thinking like Pollyanna. It doesn't matter how bad something is, they just can't admit it's there because it doesn't fit their Pollyanna model of reality.

This is why when you complain about how bad you were treated in a place, some people will immediately jump to the defense of the locals and say things like:

* "Oh, you must not have studied the language/culture enough" (No, just the opposite, the problem is the more I studied the language/culture, the more I realized how shabbily I was being treated)

* "I have friends from country X. They are always so nice to me"

* "There must be something wrong with you" (straight-up victim blaming)
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

gnosis,

Welcome to the paradigm shift. As a minority you will experience what I experience growing up in USA. Difference is that in USA there is more talk about racism but mostly between whites and blacks. Asians are still kind of invisible in USA. I'm almost 40 years old. I been attacked socially isolated and picked on because of my race. Never been with a white girl and experience racism in the work force. Only reason why I'm here is because of family i have to take care of.