Relocating to another area of Mexico

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Relocating to another area of Mexico

Post by MattHanson1990 »

After having met Tapatio89 in person in Mexico City, I have decided I will be leaving Guanajuato for another area of Mexico where Mexican women are more open to dating foreigners. First he helped me "upgrade" my wardrobe at Zara, and then his next piece of advice was for me to leave the Bajío for Mexico City. In addition, I have other areas I'm considering relocating to like Veracruz, Hidalgo, Mexico State, Oaxaca, and Chiapas. Right now I touched down in San Luis Potosí for the second time to meet up with my female friend I met last time I was here. And people here are more open-minded than in Guanajuato. So I have San Luis Potosí as another option.

Anyways, my dating prospects have pretty much dried up in Guanajuato. As you may remember, I went on two dates with a gordita from La Piedad, Michoacan back in February. She could've been my girlfriend had I stayed in Mexico longer and not gone back to the US of Gay. When I returned, I went on dates that mostly went nowhere afterwards. Some blocked me on whatsapp. Others got over occupied or had problems with family. Then I was on a dry spell of one month with no dates until I met a Japanese girl in the centro de idiomas (language center) at the university shortly after I got back from Mexico City. We never saw each other again; she had to go back to Japan.

Right now I'm apartment hunting in Mexico City as I am wanting to leave the Bajío soon. I'm wanting to live close to where Tapatio is, as he would give me more advice on dating Mexicanas. I really liked the place a lot. Women were more curious about me, including an indígena from Oaxaca who looked like a Filipina but with darker skin. And a Veracruz girl and I flirted with each other. Big difference from Guanajuato. I liked the colonial downtown. But I also liked Condesa, San Angel, and Coyocan, three upscale neighborhoods which are more modern looking than most places in America. Heck, even in some of the upscale barrios, the cost of living is still cheaper than in the States.

Anyways, Mexico City, as I stated before in another thread, is the most liberal place I've been to in all of Mexico. In 2008 or 2009, same-sex marriage was legalized. But my biggest gripe is the high divorce rate, which is probably on par with the US of Gay; the rest of Mexico, divorces are far less common. However, the city implemented temporary marriage licenses to facilitate the process, something America ought to learn from. Another good thing is that misandrist laws aren't enforced, and Mexican men don't have to worry about child support or having all their resources sucked dry. I don't know if there are a lot of career women in Mexico City. But feminism in Mexico is a much different concept from Anglo feminism; the two are like apples and oranges, and thus cannot be compared. The society is still male-dominated. Mexican women still need men, and most Mexican men aren't white knights or manginas.

As far as looking for a long term girlfriend or wife, I'm looking in the aforementioned areas.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Re: Relocating to another area of Mexico

Post by gnosis »

I have read elsewhere that feminism in Mexico is totally different from feminism in the U.S. Personally, I do not care if my girlfriend/wife has career goals -- just that she isn't a hateful harpy. American women really hate men. They have a chip. I have heard that Mexican women don't have The Chip.

Besides Tapatio, have you been able to make friends with any Mexican men? Are they generally open to foreigners or is it a "don't steal our women" kind of vibe?

In your experience, are Mexican women easy lays, or is it a "put a ring on it" first kind of situation?
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

gnosis wrote:I have read elsewhere that feminism in Mexico is totally different from feminism in the U.S. Personally, I do not care if my girlfriend/wife has career goals -- just that she isn't a hateful harpy. American women really hate men. They have a chip. I have heard that Mexican women don't have The Chip.

Besides Tapatio, have you been able to make friends with any Mexican men? Are they generally open to foreigners or is it a "don't steal our women" kind of vibe?

In your experience, are Mexican women easy lays, or is it a "put a ring on it" first kind of situation?
In the interior of Mexico, it's more of a "put a ring on first" situation, especially in the Bajío. But women in heavily Americanized cities in the north such as Monterrey or Ciudad Juarez are much more promiscuous. And in Juarez, it's not just from American influence. That city is pretty much a giant slum with hardly any modern infrastructure except around downtown and near the US consulate, and it recently went through a drug war. So a lot of the women are desperately poor and sexually loose; they tend to throw themselves at gringos, and in an aggressive manner.

And yes, I made friends with a lot of Mexican men, and they're going to introduce me to their female friends at some point.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

MattHanson1990 wrote: And yes, I made friends with a lot of Mexican men, and they're going to introduce me to their female friends at some point.
Good to hear. At first, I thought all I cared about was women, but then I realized that the social environment makes a difference. Being able to make real friends is nice.