I'm Listening

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

I'm Listening

Post by Nailer »

In the list below, I can personally attest to pretty much the entire left column being true, pretty much 98% of the time. It's actually a relief to see this pointed out because I thought for a time I was giving off some weird vibe or attitude or something unconscious. Fifteen years of post-high school living are weighing on me and I'm afraid I will die of an early heart attack if I don't find a place I can be free to express myself and live a real life:
http://www.happierabroad.com/comparison.htm

I cannot personally attest to the right-hand column because I have rarely ever experienced such a thing.

It is commonly stated that various European countries skew towards a business-oriented antisocial culture or a more free and spontaneous one.

Where do Ukraine and Latvia stack up in this discussion? This site primarily focuses on Asia and Latin America, which I have no interest in traveling to. I have been in western Europe as a backpacker and did not notice anything much different than the U.S., but I was only traveling through. Where am I really going to see a big difference in eastern Europe?

I was actually planning to leave next month but I just got a big pay raise and I am choosing to stay here for a few more months. I hate that I am being kept here, but the decision I am making is wise, for now.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: I'm Listening

Post by xiongmao »

Poland might be worth a look. A guy I used to work with now lives out there as an English teacher. There is a lot of demand for his services since so many Poles want to come and work in England. It's also a good place to live and the economy is good.

Ukraine, I don't know it's not a great place to live and a friend of a friend got financially turned over by a Ukrainian woman. Well I guess that's his fault for being a cuckolded beta.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I think this is simplified explanation of things: It's nice to think of things so simply and black and white. The truth is, most places are like this...to one degree or another, no place is perfect. You can't generalize an entire place or it's people. Yes, blacks are a problem here, that's the most anti social group. You have to keep in mind as fschmidt pointed out, the entire world is more or less adopted modern culture so it's everywhere - you can't escape it. China was far from perfect, many of the problems you saw here you saw there, only 10x worse in some cases. Europe, Central and South Americas suffer much the same issues of the US. The media/ politics and education is much the same....

I think it's easy to make a generalized vision of some "other" place where it's harmonious, unfortunately - that's not the case.
I'd be happy here. Or go to some other place because you like it there, not because you want to escape things here.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I agree with Eric, it is about what you can do to make a living and what you are able to put up, most of the time it is 'same shit different bucket' a lot of it is about what legalities are in the way to you living in such a country long term.

And why not look at Asia and Latin America, they are in better shape regards safety and making a living than Ukraine is.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

yick wrote:I agree with Eric, it is about what you can do to make a living and what you are able to put up, most of the time it is 'same shit different bucket' a lot of it is about what legalities are in the way to you living in such a country long term.

And why not look at Asia and Latin America, they are in better shape regards safety and making a living than Ukraine is.
Many times it is the amount of shit in that bucket and what you can do to avoid stepping in it. Like Eric says, Blacks are a problem in america. So why people complain each time the police there shoot some darkie thug, I don't know. Take out a few million and the crime rate, the costs of prisons, and welfare will fall. They are a far bigger problem here in terms of crime and costs to the tax payer and that shit really stinks. However, as Yick says, what you can do to make a living mitigates the shit. If you earn enough you can almost completely isolate your self from darkies. And if you are prepared to participate in your own security, you can keep them out of your areas as well. If you are a poor white and are forced to live near them, you are really in the shit and have to fight for survival.
200 poor whites in hand-to-hand, rock, stick & burning-tire fights with invading black squatters. Incredible fact: If a black squats for 48 hours on a white man’s land, he legally may stay — and the white owner not only may not evict him but must provide him with free water and sewage treatment!! (The blacks then run illegal cables and steal your electricity as well.)

Very interesting commentary on blacks, their breeding habits, mass immigration of foreign blacks into South Africa, and legal black seizure of white land. Jan, the South African narrator, says that when the whites began fighting back, they actually gained some black sympathy and even support against the other blacks.

Whites with sticks, bats and tires block a truck full of would-be black squatters whom the black regime had brought in.
http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCwWjgLFso8

I figure it must be similar in america. You need money to isolate yourself from the gutter.

Surely this must also apply in asia as well. Why try to escape american society and end up living in a slum somewhere else?