Went to a friends wedding over the weekend

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Went to a friends wedding over the weekend

Post by chanta76 »

A friend of mine is Asian American and he got married over the weekend so I was invited and flew out to the wedding. He ended up marrying an Asian American girl. He is very happy. At the wedding I met some old friends and played catch up.

Most of the old time friends are married. I saw 3 Asian guys married to white girls with one of them having kids already. One of my other Asian guy friend is married to an Asian American girl and they are expecting. What did I get from this trip? Well...not all Asian Americans guys are bitter and lonely ...some of them are doing OK and are happy. I spoke to one of the Asian guy who is married to the white girl and he plans on moving to mid west because of job relocation but they want to have kids. Most of these Asian American guys are OK not great looking or have great jobs but decent . I think sometimes the internet makes it sounds as if everyone is too bitter.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Went to a friends wedding over the weekend

Post by chanta76 »

I have to add over the same weekend I met another friend who is Asian guy. He mentioned he wants to travel abroad but not for the same reason that guys post here. For him it's more about a simple life or communal life. but his not bitter just more tired of the rat race I think.
Conjo
Freshman Poster

Post by Conjo »

Winston likes to support the theory that Asian men in white countries are miserable and don't do well on the dating market, because it serves his purposes of spreading the happier abroad philosophy. It is his own personal insecurity of not being a Jeremy Lin or a Jeremy Long, that also adds to the equation. However if I look at my personal experiences, Asian men who were born and grew up in Western nations often excel in school, end up having better jobs then local white men. Many of them are tall and handsome due to better nutrition in their childhood. And many of them end up with either a pretty foreign-born Asian girl or a white girl, as a fully functioning and fully accepted part of society. However Winston does not cater to the Jeremy Lins and the Jeremy Longs, he caters to the Ken Jeong's without the comedic talent and the awkward Trailer Park Boys looking white dudes. He caters to the losers, not the cream of the crop by default. And the loser demographic is always miserable regardless of his race.

The whole thing is just false advertisement, at the cost of Asian men feeling insecure when they really have no reason to.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

You make no mention of the country of residence here. Which country are we talking about? Are you in the USA?

That's surprising considering that every Americanized woman is a terrorist and hates men.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Sounds like you had a great time, Chanta. Of course, not all Asian Americans are the same. Every individual is different, and not everyone is bitter. I think HA members like to stereotype way too much, but, of course, you do have your minority of Asian free thinkers as well, such as Winston, who don't fit-in the mainstream.