Conspiracy Theories Are Illogical

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Conspiracy Theories Are Illogical

Post by WorldTraveler »

Dr. Todd Grande discussed Conspiracy Theories in several videos shown below.

Below is a summary of some of his key points:

Conspiracy theorists believe “nothing happens by accident,” thus, find meaning from randomness. Conspiracy Theorists don’t believe in randomness, thus, they believe in all these sophisticated complex plots.

Conspiracy Theorist distrust science and people who are educated and of authority.

Conspiracy Theories are based on confirmation bias and only looking at what supports their conspiracy theories.

Conspiracy Theorist believe, "there is someone is out to get me. There is a group keeping me down."

Conspiracy theorist feel Insecure, anxious, powerless, and isolated.

Having conspiracy theories makes them feel better, safer. It gives them a sense of belonging, a collective narcissism. You’re special because you are a member of a group of people that know what is really going on. They think they are special
People who feel anxiety, dissatisfied or Powerless about their own lives, tend to be conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy theorist have Low self-esteem, more disagreeable, some have lower intelligence.

People who believe in one Conspiracy Theory, believe in many Conspiracy Theories. Also, they were quick to accept "fake" ones created by scientists to fool them.

Conspiracy Theorists are "bad scientists." They are against contradictory evidence and only select evidence that confirms their beliefs, thus they have strong confirmation bias. Conspiracy Theorist do not follow the scientific method, where you weight and test contradictory evidence.

Conspiracy theorists are like a religious fanatics. They believe something where there is no proof, because it makes them feel better and superior as person that knows the truth.

For Conspiracy theories to be real it would take thousands, if not millions of people to be involved in some of these larger conspiracies. People can’t keep a secret so the “secret” would get out.

I am just presenting Dr. Todd Grande beliefs on conspiracy theories. @Winston , I suggest you schedule a video call with him to debate these Conspiracy Theories. Maybe you two can do a live feed on YouTube.

Below are other Conspiracy Theory videos he has posted. They are all interesting and should be watched. I tend to agree with Dr. Grande.

Last edited by WorldTraveler on April 27th, 2020, 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Conspiracy Theories Are Illogical

Post by Moretorque »

Give you an idea here on just the last one, Bill Gates great grand father was director of the San Fransico Federal reserve bank. Now what are the chances of that ? Gee at the top of this conspiracy we have a group of people attempting to take over all the purchasing tickets of the world so nobody has money to run their economies.

Do all these conspiracies tie together through the institutions they call banks.. You bet your ass they do!
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Conspiracies happen everyday. However, conspiracy theorists are generally wackjobs because their theories lack plausibility and evidence yet they believe them fervently.

If you have a conspiracy theory that you want others to believe, articulate how it is plausible and what you can cite as evidence to support it. Conjecture, speculation, and your feelings do not constitute evidence.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It is illogical to believe that two or more people might arrange to do bring about some future event in secret? That couldn’t possibly happen? Well I guess thousands and thousands of people need to be let out of prison then.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 9:38 pm
Give you an idea here on just the last one, Bill Gates great grand father was director of the San Fransico Federal reserve bank.
Also, wasn't his father the lawyer who helped transform the American Eugenics Society into Planned Parenthood? And all his "charitable" work happens to be a form of eugenics.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 9:48 pm
Moretorque wrote:
Give you an idea here on just the last one, Bill Gates great grand father was director of the San Fransico Federal reserve bank.
Also, wasn't his father the lawyer who helped transform the American Eugenics Society into Planned Parenthood? And all his "charitable" work happens to be a form of eugenics.
You got it, just as I stated in another post. Anybody who has not figured out we got a major conspiracy taking place world wide with the bank sitt'in at the top you got a shit sandwich between the ears.... :roll:
Time to Hide!
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Moretorque wrote:
Give you an idea here on just the last one, Bill Gates great grand father was director of the San Fransico Federal reserve bank. Now what are the chances of that ?
Wow, I'm not surprised. I would expect a man as smart as Bill Gates to have a very smart grandfather or maybe even a great grandfather who was a success. I believe people get ahead in this world by hard work and intelligence. I don't believe that conspiracy theories are needed to explain the workings of the world.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WorldTraveler wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 10:01 pm
Moretorque wrote:
Give you an idea here on just the last one, Bill Gates great grand father was director of the San Fransico Federal reserve bank. Now what are the chances of that ?
I believe people get ahead in this world by hard work and intelligence.
It must be nice to be able to sustain such beliefs in the face of all available evidence.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

WorldTraveler wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 10:01 pm
Moretorque wrote:
I believe people get ahead in this world by hard work and intelligence. I don't believe that conspiracy theories are needed to explain the workings of the world.
WT you strike me as someone who has done exceedingly well in life and is now enjoying the fruits of his labor. We cannot expect losers at life who have never succeeded in anything significant to ever relate to that. To them, everything must be about how someone cheated, had a leg up, or advantages pushing them to the forefront. It is just a telltale sign of being a loser and no amount of explaining the process of success will ever work. Some people are just born to be losers and wish to stay there permanently. Concocted plots of "The Man," or Jooze, or "Farmative Akshin" are the ointments for their butthurt. Best to leave them be as miserable losers where they belong.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 10:36 pm
WT you strike me as someone who has done exceedingly well in life and is now enjoying the fruits of his labor.
We've been through this before so no reason for me to repeat myself, but the fruits of his labor - haha more like the fruits of real people's labor. To be fair, almost everyone thinks that almost all the gibs and every advantage they are handed are earned somehow.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Cornfed wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 10:49 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 10:36 pm
WT you strike me as someone who has done exceedingly well in life and is now enjoying the fruits of his labor.
We've been through this before so no reason for me to repeat myself, but the fruits of his labor - haha more like the fruits of real people's labor. To be fair, almost everyone thinks that almost all the gibs and every advantage they are handed are earned somehow.
ContraianExpatriate was correct you wouldn't understand success. I graduated high school in one of the poorest counties in the whole country. I had the highest GPA of the guys in my graduating class, which was not saying much. One of my driving forces was to get away and see the world. I went out of state to college. I had 3 majors before finding a STEM field to study. Over the years of my career, I attended many colleges and universities to upgrade my skills, so that I could always stay employed. I worked all over the country and overseas. My biggest regret was staying too long in too few cities. Yes, and I plan to enjoy the fruits of my labors. CE and Shemp seem to have done well too. I have other friends that have done well and are successes in their own fields. They work sometimes and then spend months traveling. Some have retired early. None believe in conspiracy theories!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WorldTraveler wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 11:26 pm
I had 3 majors before finding a STEM field to study. Over the years of my career, I attended many colleges and universities to upgrade my skills
So basically a professional student for life. But sometimes that pays when the guys at the top want it to. Your advice on "success" should be to be born with the right parents.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Cornfed wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 11:57 pm
WorldTraveler wrote:
I had 3 majors before finding a STEM field to study. Over the years of my career, I attended many colleges and universities to upgrade my skills
So basically a professional student for life. But sometimes that pays when the guys at the top want it to. Your advice on "success" should be to be born with the right parents.
If I was born with the right parents they'd have been rich and too proud for me to work. My advice is don't believe in Conspiracy Theories. Don't blame the bogey man for keeping you down. Make it your job to be successful. When you believe there is a bogey man keeping you from getting ahead, then you have the excuse not to work to get ahead. Work hard and have the ability to adapt to change then you will be successful.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

WorldTraveler wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:59 am
Cornfed wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 11:57 pm
WorldTraveler wrote:
If I was born with the right parents they'd have been rich and too proud for me to work. My advice is don't believe in Conspiracy Theories. Don't blame the bogey man for keeping you down. Make it your job to be successful. When you believe there is a bogey man keeping you from getting ahead, then you have the excuse not to work to get ahead. Work hard and have the ability to adapt to change then you will be successful.
Anybody today who does not know what is really going on with the net on for 25 years is really out of touch with reality and these are your people society calls successful today. Let's measure our success by how much bank credit you have that we got for free by hood winking everybody, they have literally turned this world inside out and I feel sorry for the people who are still drinking the Kool Aid and think the colleges are for true higher learning.
Who would want to get ahead in this, this civilization is nothing more than complete bull shit ? This mentallity is why I'm root'in for the mass extinction to put this animal DOWN where it belongs in the dust bin of history...
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WorldTraveler wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:59 am
Work hard and..
Work hard at what exactly? Please be specific.