Manipulation and mental tricks when socializing

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

Manipulation and mental tricks when socializing

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

This topic has been bothering me for quite some time. It baffles me entirely and borders paranormal things that are hard to describe or articulate.

Within the last year I got stationed and went through a military school in coastal Virginia, which is where I'm presently stationed. It has not been a pleasant experience or a nice change by any means, as I got bullied there quite a bit by both instructors and students. Before coming here, I was on the West Coast where people are a lot more tolerant, and like to enjoy themselves and their lives, unlike the folk on this coast. I've found that here interactions are a lot more tense and uptight and people seem to be a lot more judgmental. They like to constantly gossip and play psychological games with you non-stop.

Furthermore, when you interact with them you are forced into this weird state of fake niceness, passiveness and anxiety. They seem to act polite on the surface, yet their body language and emotions are completely the opposite of that. They are intense, manipulative and very uptight. I get treated horribly here because they are able to sniff me out quick. They see right away that I'm not from here and that I'm an immigrant. This has been one of the biggest prejudices and hurdles that I've had to deal with here. Whereas in California and parts of the South West people embrace the diversity and different cultures a lot more gracefully; here I'm constantly judged, scorned at and people call me things like "bohunk," "commie" and "mail order bride." I'm not even joking. This is a daily thing here..

They also have a way of communicating telepathically and they can make you think these things without even saying them out loud. Just like that.
Sometimes they even manage to make you think or call you insults in your mind and in your native language out of the blue, which I find very unnerving and disrespectful. I do have some empathic tendencies, which leave me defenseless to this kind of aggression and manipulation from them.

Some of them have mastered these mind tricks and telepathic abilities to the point of sorcery and witchcraft. For example, when I text with people here I always get the feel or the jist of their emotions pretty well and this is over long distance. When I enter a room full of people, I can always sense their seriousness and a slightly depressed state or sadness. Being around people is very taxing on me, as I get drained of my energy. They can somehow call you over telepathically over distance and send you a message or two, before you even realize it. Like I said earlier, they are more than able to sniff you out and prod you quick, which is how they find out all your secrets and whatever derogatory information they may get. One of my neighbors does this here all the time and I can always feel their presence in the adjacent apartment. This person is able to look into your dreams and make you dream about certain things like embarrassing moments or parts of your childhood, and the like. Sometimes we dream together like that. I don't even understand how they do all this and at times I just wish their constant mental chatter would just stop and they do not. Is there a book or two about all this telepathy and mental/psychological warfare that they resort to? Anything I could read about this? My reputation and sanity are on the line. Please help. :|
Jusqu'au bout a tout prix..