Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should the forum theme be rotated every few days to keep the forum interesting?

Yes! Rotating the theme keeps the forum interesting and stimulating, and gives us a new surprise every time we come here!
29%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLUE and WHITE themes as the default and leave it that way.
43%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLACK or DARK background themes as the default and leave it that way.
29%
Do what you want. It doesn't really matter to me.
No votes

Total votes: 7
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post by Winston »

Keep in mind guys, that this rotation of forum themes is sort of like Zen training in a way, because it trains your mind to adapt to different themes so you don't get attached to just one and become static. As you know, even evolution, spiritual schools, and the military all teach this, that adaptability is the key to survival. So by adapting to constant new themes, you train your mind to be adaptive to changing circumstances, which is a good thing if you think about it. So in a way I'm helping you guys out here with a little Zen training for your mind. lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw guys. Keep in mind that the theme could be worse. For example we could be using this theme called 1982, which is even worse than the 1996 theme. Lol

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/1982/demo/3.2

Wouldn't that be awful? Lol. Even happyguy couldn't tolerate it. Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alright, since many of you guys hate this 1996 starry theme so much and find it unbearable and everyone seems to be bitching about it, except for HappyGuy (who is "happy" about every theme lol), I'm gonna go ahead and switch to the next theme now. The next theme is also a dark theme. Hope you guys like it more and find it easier to view. Let me know what you all think. lol

Keep in mind that most medical offices in America and many companies, still use the dark background/white text theme on their monochrome computers. That should tell you something, namely that such color combinations are the most comfortable for the eyes. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you guys think of this black theme from Artodia? You guys like it? Is it more tolerable at least than the previous starry theme? lol

Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Winston wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 9:59 pm
What do you guys think of this black theme from Artodia? You guys like it? Is it more tolerable at least than the previous starry theme? lol
I like this theme the best of all the rotations that I've currently seen. It's not distracting, easy to read, easy on the eyes, and easy to find the links to other places on the forum.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I think this dark theme will be liked by a lot of forum members here. The reason is this: Dark themes are liked by people who are depressed and introverted and pessmistic because it reflects their dark moods. That's why a lot of guys here will like this dark theme.

Btw HappyGuy, you seem confused. Modern themes like this are not "bland and boring". They are professional looking and credible looking. Just like wearing a business suit. When you wear a suit, everyone treats you better, especially in China. It's not bland and boring. It looks professional and higher class and classy. Same with professional clean looking forum themes like Elegance and Basic and Rooshv's forum. You are out of touch with reality man. You seem to think being loud and obnoxious and annoying is interesting and unique and will attract more people, when in reality it will do the opposite. You got a lot of things upside down man. You seem to live in some bizarro world. :P

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok let's move to the next theme now. Here is the coffee latte theme. Isn't it nice? Doesn't it make you feel like you're at Starbucks? lol. Doesn't it make you want to drink coffee or latte? lol

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 3:55 am
Ok let's move to the next theme now. Here is the coffee latte theme. Isn't it nice? Doesn't it make you feel like you're at Starbucks? lol. Doesn't it make you want to drink coffee or latte? lol
Why don't you just give each user the option to choose from all of them? Personally I've only liked one of the rotated choices thus far.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 4:39 am
Winston wrote:
Why don't you just give each user the option to choose from all of them? Personally I've only liked one of the rotated choices thus far.
I will eventually. But what's the point of rotating themes now if some won't see them? Or you won't see them? That takes the fun out of it? Remember? I already explained that before. Why you so picky? Why can't you appreciate any theme? Lol. They're all readable.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 4:47 am
Neo wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 4:39 am
Winston wrote:
I will eventually. But what's the point of rotating themes now if some won't see them? Or you won't see them? That takes the fun out of it? Remember? I already explained that before. Why you so picky? Why can't you appreciate any theme? Lol. They're all readable.
In theory if they were put where I could access them and choose them on my own, I could see them one by one on my own. I just don't like the idea of this being foisted upon me. I don't like white backgrounds or starry backgrounds.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The present forum theme is quite good for my eyes. The brown color is soft and nothing is moving in the background, I can type my comment on a white background and the text is black. Please keep it....
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

This coffee colour is nice, keep it like this!
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

coffee good
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome to the new Halloween theme everyone! LOL. Hope you all like it. I'm sure HappyGuy will, since he loves colorful themes. Isn't the orange in this theme really pretty? lol. I know you guys are thinking "WTF Winston?! It's not even Halloween!" Yeah I know, but we can pretend it's Halloween for fun right? lol. Either way, you should experience this orangey theme. It's really pretty. lol. Hope it brightens your day! :) :lol:

Btw, do you guys like the ghosts and bats floating on the screen for a while? lol. They seem to appear each time the page loads. Should we keep that or disable it? lol. I'm sure HappyGuy likes it at least. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock asked me why i put up this Halloween theme and whether its a prank or not. lol. Here's my reply:

Yeah i explained before. Its for fun and to show case themes and have variety. And also to get reactions out of people. Happyguy likes it too. To spice things up.

Also its good training for travel and life. It helps u adapt to different environments. So its like zen training in life. And when u travel u constantly have to adapt to changing environments as you know. So this is to train your senses to adapt to new environments and train your mind for travel experiences. Lol

Happyguy said studies show that women and children are more open minded to new changes like this. But older men are more stubborn and hate these kind of changes. So true. Lol

Plus i like the Halloween theme. The orange looks pretty and brightens my mood. So i wanted everyone to have a taste of it.

This is the last theme I'm rotating. After this we will go back to the default theme and everyone will be able to select the theme they like in their board preferences.

This was done to spice things up and make things more interesting. I didnt know some people would be annoyed. Kind of funny.

Btw most people liked the coffee theme. It was clean and neat and earthy with good ambience. Like starbucks or a log cabin. Lol

Btw i thought u liked pranks. Remember when we announced one day that ginger was gonna be the moderator and everyone got pissed and threatened to leave? You thought that was funny too remember? Lol