Transhumanism & A.I. - Man/Machine Fusion = End of Humanity?

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Transhumanism: Man/Machine Fusion = End of Humanity?

Post by Winston »

The problem with transhumanism is that it assumes that consciousness can be uploaded into a computer or robot. Yet we do not even understand what consciousness is. It seems to exist in a quantum field that is non physical and most likely extra-dimensional. So it may not be possible to upload or transfer consciousness like some files on a computer. It also assumes that the human soul doesn't exist, which is just an Atheistic assumption. It cannot explain consciousness nor how consciousness can originate from unconscious matter.

Here are some articles debunking transhumanism and the notion that human consciousness can be uploaded.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/heres- ... -of-salt-2

http://io9.com/you-ll-probably-never-up ... -474941498
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:The problem with transhumanism is that it assumes that consciousness can be uploaded into a computer or robot. Yet we do not even understand what consciousness is. It seems to exist in a quantum field that is non physical and most likely extra-dimensional. So it may not be possible to upload or transfer consciousness like some files on a computer. It also assumes that the human soul doesn't exist, which is just an Atheistic assumption. It cannot explain consciousness nor how consciousness can originate from unconscious matter.

Here are some articles debunking transhumanism and the notion that human consciousness can be uploaded.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/heres- ... -of-salt-2

http://io9.com/you-ll-probably-never-up ... -474941498
Not all transhumanists believe that uploading of human consciousness is possible nor probable, nor do all of us believe there is no soul. I agree with you that uploading will remain impossible, as you're simply creating a copy of your consciousness, not transferring it. If you scanned every last inch of the Mona Lisa into a computer, you wouldn't have uploaded it, you'd simply have copied it. As to the human soul, wanting to live longer, healthier, more functional lives is not an idea that is incompatible with the idea of a soul. It's like saying that medicine is opposed to the human soul because we've damn near doubled human lifespans in the last century. It's just a retarded argument, basically. Having a pacemaker doesn't make you an Atheistic abomination any more than having nanomachinery repairing your cells and fighting cancer one day will.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Good points guys
houseMD wrote: as you're simply creating a copy of your consciousness, not transferring it
Interestingly though, the copy would think it worked! lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Scary article about transhumanism:

Transhumanists: Superhuman Powers And Life Extension Technologies Will Allow Us To Become Like God

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archiv ... e-like-god
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Transhumanism = Another Jewish Stupidity

Downloading your memories into a computer does not make you immortal. It means that a computer has been downloaded with data (your data).

Even if this was possible to download this data you are still moral.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

If your information was downloaded into a computer, what would stop an alteration? Just like how a virus can "corrupt files" & and someone can edit a post, there's no reason that this wouldn't be the case with that computerized mind. Don't figure that someone's efforts are NEVER to be interfered with, so any work toward this condition is "open game."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Any of you geeks ever watch the BSG spin off called Caprica? Now I realize that is what that show was all about. To brainwash us and get us ready to all get chipped. Very smart.

The Matrix also, because they could simply download programs into their brains which would tell them how to fly helicopters and drive motor cycles.

Also that movie Surrogates with Bruce Willis in which people used virtual reality to control perfect bodies that interacted with society, while the real human wasted away plugged into the machine.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Is that the show where they say "We're gonna take over the world" or something like that on the commercials? It's a deception tactic to say extreme things because they won't likely believed or saying it like it's a joke so that it's not believed, especially if it's something that would make people feel vulnerable or offended if it were meant seriously.

There's also something called "duper's delight" (I think that's actually a psychological term), where someone gets gratification from lying. It's easy enough to do that if someone is advertising something as an assist, rather than an attack.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Wolfeye wrote:Is that the show where they say "We're gonna take over the world" or something like that on the commercials? It's a deception tactic to say extreme things because they won't likely believed or saying it like it's a joke so that it's not believed, especially if it's something that would make people feel vulnerable or offended if it were meant seriously.

There's also something called "duper's delight" (I think that's actually a psychological term), where someone gets gratification from lying. It's easy enough to do that if someone is advertising something as an assist, rather than an attack.
-NEWSFLASH-
Wolfeye is an ignorant bastard. And yes transhumanism is a real thing.
News article
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5967896/us-spy-a ... re-by-2030
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

-BETTER NEWSFLASH-
Jonny Law is pissy- AGAIN! Shocking, I know. It seems he's caught in his zipper again.

Jonny Law: Look you instigating dickbag, I don't know what your deal is, but go screw yourself.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Wu we have a slight problem here, I suggest you monitor this with your finger on the eject button.....
Time to Hide!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Moretorque: What do you mean?
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston wrote:Scary article about transhumanism:

Transhumanists: Superhuman Powers And Life Extension Technologies Will Allow Us To Become Like God

Winston, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pentagon (or DARPA) in one of their "black budget" projects would attempt something like this in order to create a "Super Soldier".
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

IraqVet2003 wrote:
Winston wrote:Scary article about transhumanism:

Winston, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pentagon (or DARPA) in one of their "black budget" projects would attempt something like this in order to create a "Super Soldier".
They already have a Super Soldier, the Blackman 8)
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Wolfeye wrote:Moretorque: What do you mean?

Terrorism. :roll:
Time to Hide!