Does anyone here know HTML? Can you get this ad code to work?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Does anyone here know HTML? Can you get this ad code to work?

Post by Winston »

To anyone here familiar with HTML:

I'm trying to get ads to display from a file using this code below. But the code given to me by one of my advertisers doesn't seem to work. Does anyone here know why? Is there a way to alter or edit this code to get it to work on an html template file? Perhaps this code was designed to work with a php file only? However, phpbb forums use html templates, so the codes need to be in html right? If so, do any of you have any idea how to make it work and display ads correctly from the URL defined within? Here's the code:

Code: Select all

<?php/
$ad = file_get_contents('https://www.loveme.com/contentads/events_160.shtml');
echo $ad;
?>
Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone here know HTML? Can you get this ad code to work?

Post by Winston »

Or what about this code?

Code: Select all

<!--#include virtual="/public_html/happierabroad.com/AFA/events.shtml"--> 
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: Does anyone here know HTML? Can you get this ad code to work?

Post by flowerthief00 »

Try deleting the backslash after <?php

The second line is an include for some other language, but it is currently being commented so it will be ignored.