Do you think small town America is any better?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Do you think small town America is any better?

Post by Temprano26 »

Small town America as opposed to big cities that are plagued with toxic personalities as we have pointed out.

I used to visit my grandmother in Mineola, Texas. Her house was near a nice lake where people went fishing a lot. In the fall, it has some really awesome colorful foliage. I said to my sister that I wanted to discover the cultural aspects of Mineola and she said I don't think there are any. We were at a Wal-Mart and it was full of old white people. Everyone who knows me knows I love exotic women so that place never appealed to me but I never saw angry people with toxic and miserable personalities like I have seen in Dallas.

I also love to watch the movie Fargo which is set in Minnesota full of white people too but everyone there is really polite to other people. So do you see a substantial difference between your life in small town America vs big cities?
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Re: Do you think small town America is any better?

Post by nicho12 »

Temprano26 wrote:Small town America as opposed to big cities that are plagued with toxic personalities as we have pointed out.

I used to visit my grandmother in Mineola, Texas. Her house was near a nice lake where people went fishing a lot. In the fall, it has some really awesome colorful foliage. I said to my sister that I wanted to discover the cultural aspects of Mineola and she said I don't think there are any. We were at a Wal-Mart and it was full of old white people. Everyone who knows me knows I love exotic women so that place never appealed to me but I never saw angry people with toxic and miserable personalities like I have seen in Dallas.

I also love to watch the movie Fargo which is set in Minnesota full of white people too but everyone there is really polite to other people. So do you see a substantial difference between your life in small town America vs big cities?
Not really, I lived in a small town for 4 years and I can tell you it's the worst for young people, you will mostly meet old people in their 50's or very young kids who are 17 or below, most leave after high school for the big cities
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Ghost is correct. I have grown up in a small town as well and though there seems to be a more neighborly feel, if you are a young newbie it will be harder to find a crowd, job, and girl. There are no single scenes and without many friends, you will more than likely hate it. You could succeed if you are a really big extrovert and make friend's easily, join groups, and volunteer. Now more mid sized towns 50k-200k may be the best of both worlds in a sense.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

If your in a small town with a bad economy the people are friendly. However, if your in a small town and the people are wealthy the people will be cliquish.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

In Illinois, small town is about ten times worse than big city (especially when comparing to Chicago). About a decade ago, my parents and I went to a pumpkin festival in the small community of Sycamore, some 60 miles west of Chicago proper, and save for DeKalb, some 9 miles southwest, Sycamore is otherwise surrounded by miles and miles of practically endless cornfields. They had a large display of all different kinds of artwork made from pumpkins and squash fruits, they had a parade, and a few other festivities. I was fresh from my first time to Florida, was walking around before, during, and after the parade, I was saying "Hi, how are you?" to countless people, and in total, only 7 people even said "Hi" back to me! And those 7 even included a group of cheerleaders from Northern Illinois University that were passing out flyers for an event of some sort at the college. Hardly anyone was even social with my parents, either. The rest of Sycamoreans either ignored me or gave me that mean stare like "what the censored are you doing in my community!? Get out of here!"
PandaMan
Freshman Poster

Post by PandaMan »

Wow, thanks for this thread.

I'm living in a small central Arizona town with 20,000 people. Lovely scenery, but NOTHING here, and women are aloof. and there are NO women on dating sites. The ones who are are hideous, and I STILL can't get a date with the hideous ones!!!

It's horrifically depressing and I'm moving soon. No, it's NOT better. The slightly larger town near by offers more sluts and feminists, and so does Flagstaff a college town full of dykes, feminists and liberal females. Just talked to a kid who just moved to Flag, poor guy sounded so depressed and lonely, and another who lives there and he's successful, good-looking, but can't get laid, says he used to live back in Illonois and they were friendlier there, he could get dates!

So it's just f***ed up everywhere, man. There might be odd exceptions here and there. I'd venture Oklahoma if you can hack the tornadoes is the best shot. Maybe Alburquerque isn't bad? Who knows.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

PandaMan wrote:Wow, thanks for this thread.

I'm living in a small central Arizona town with 20,000 people. Lovely scenery, but NOTHING here, and women are aloof. and there are NO women on dating sites. The ones who are are hideous, and I STILL can't get a date with the hideous ones!!!

It's horrifically depressing and I'm moving soon. No, it's NOT better. The slightly larger town near by offers more sluts and feminists, and so does Flagstaff a college town full of dykes, feminists and liberal females. Just talked to a kid who just moved to Flag, poor guy sounded so depressed and lonely, and another who lives there and he's successful, good-looking, but can't get laid, says he used to live back in Illonois and they were friendlier there, he could get dates!

So it's just f***ed up everywhere, man. There might be odd exceptions here and there. I'd venture Oklahoma if you can hack the tornadoes is the best shot. Maybe Alburquerque isn't bad? Who knows.
Sounds like Payson. If so, take up golf, as they have a couple of incredible courses there owned by Phil Mickelson, though green fees are quite steep. Seriously, to some extent I'd say count your blessings if you live on the Mogollon Rim. That's some of the most beautiful scenery and best weather in the world. And Phoenix isn't too far away. With 5 million people you got a shot at finding an agreeable woman there. I'd buy a summer place in that area in a nanosecond if I had the money.

Sad to hear about Flag going PC. I cam remember when it was an extremely pleasant little Mormon city, with lots of college girls.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

gsjackson wrote:

Sounds like Payson. If so, take up golf, as they have a couple of incredible courses there owned by Phil Mickelson, though green fees are quite steep. Seriously, to some extent I'd say count your blessings if you live on the Mogollon Rim. That's some of the most beautiful scenery and best weather in the world. And Phoenix isn't too far away. With 5 million people you got a shot at finding an agreeable woman there. I'd buy a summer place in that area in a nanosecond if I had the money.

Sad to hear about Flag going PC. I cam remember when it was an extremely pleasant little Mormon city, with lots of college girls.
The (current) level of water insecurity would scare me off.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Interesting video from a guy used to live in a small town in Minnesota.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKq5pIV8 ... 4s4PxDVogL[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I lived in a small town in New England once. There was absolutely NOTHING to do, and if you were single there was no chance to have a social life. Some small towns are great for summer and fall vacations, but I'd never live there full-time.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you think small town America is any better?

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Temprano26 wrote:Small town America as opposed to big cities that are plagued with toxic personalities as we have pointed out.

I knew I wasn't the only one whom felt that Dallas had a negative vibe around it. It's so clicky there, and most of the people s.uck there. lol
Ironcially, all major cities in Texas are so different from one another.

DFW has more similarities to Austin/Round Rock/Pflugerville.
Houston is in a Texan class of its own. The best city on the gringo side of Texas. The other two major cities in "Gringo Texas": Austin and Dallas/Ft. Worth are good for work and nothing more.

SATX and LPTX (San Antonio and El Paso) are the Mexican/Tejano sides of Texas, and I enjoy how non-Americanized it is....especially west San Antonio and southwest San Antonio.....Spanish is required....hardly any English is spoken. NE San Antonio is the only gringo part of San Antonijo...and parts of the N/NW side too.

Southern Texas (English is hardly spoken lol). #EndOfRant
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Dallas used to be awesome back in the early 90s. I lived there also in the mid-80s once too, visited there freqeuntly in 2001, and it still was kick-ass. Girls walking up to me giving me their phone numbers and such. Then in 2006 I went back there again because I had a delivery there and was like WTF happened to these people?!!!

I travel for a living and if you want my advice, move to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Seriously. For what ever reason, that place still has at least the 90s vibe to it and its also low on crime and the girls there are always nice. Its also not built like your typical city, more like a giant "village community" maybe that helps, I dunno, but I, for one, am moving to greener pastures for sure soon. Small towns in America are depressing as all hell now days. I'm living in one now. Actually, I think their days ended way back in like 1990. But its always possible to move to a small town that's very close to a city. They usually have the best of both worlds and because the city is close, the people don't get bored out of their minds and cook meth like they do in small towns. argh

San Antonio, eh? That's where I was born. Last time I lived there was 97', on the NW side, near Leon Valley. People there are freakishly clikish though. Where as, I am not, so I didn't fit in at all. Girls were also among the worst I;ve ever seen and were even bad in the 80s. (at least when compared to Arkansas in the 80s)
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Hot Springs is, or at least used to be a Mafia town. Which may go some way toward explaining why there might be less crime of the vandalism/homicidal negro variety (the mob doesn't put up with that crap in their own backyard). And also explains how Bill Clinton got so thoroughly immersed in corruption (check out the book Partners in Power).

My uncle and aunt retired to Hot Springs Village, which is just a bunch of houses and golf courses strung together, and doesn't have the feel of a village at all. The old city does after a fashion, but last I knew it was still a mob town.
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

haha well i live in oklahoma and it is every bit as bad here......so bad in fact that iam moving to bosnia where i hav friends and an animation studio.....we have the exact same problem here...even the hideous women wont go out with you cause they know youre desperate and cant find anyone else