Filipina Hygiene 101

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Filipina Hygiene 101

Post by Taco »

Here's the downside of women from primitive cultures.

The subject of "shit" doesn't come up very often in our house. So I was completely blindsided a few days ago when my Filipina wife of three years informed she doesn't use toilet paper to wipe her ass but rather her own hand. I then said something to her and she started crying. My point is there's a few things the Philippine tourist bureau doesn't tell you in their pamphlets. This helps explain why some expats I know in Cebu are constantly applying hand sanitizer and why I have to keep diarrhea medicine(diatabs) in my wallet.

1. Most Filipinos wipe their ass with their hand after using the toilet
2. Filipinos like picking their nose in public
3. Filipinas like to give you hourly updates on the status of their period
4. Filipinas leave soiled panties lying around the house
5. Chewing food with mouth open and with sound effects
6. Not shaving legs and pubic hair

If you know any other "gross" things Filipinas like to do in their spare time I'd like to hear about it.

Last edited by Taco on June 17th, 2015, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Filipina Hygiene 101

Post by Adama »

Taco wrote:Here's the downside of women from primitive cultures.

The subject of "shit" doesn't come up very often in our house. So I was completely blindsided a few days ago when my Filipina wife of three years informed she doesn't use toilet paper to wipe her a** but rather her own hand. I then said something to her and she started crying. My point is there's a few things the Philippine tourist bureau doesn't tell you in their pamphlets. This helps explain why some expats I know in Cebu are constantly applying hand sanitizer and why I have to keep diarrhea medicine(diatabs) in my wallet.

1. Most Filipinos wipe their a** with their hand after using the toilet
2. Filipinos like picking their nose in public
3. Filipinas like to give you hourly updates on the status of their period
4. Filipinas leave soiled panties lying around the house
5. Chewing food with mouth open and with sound effects

If you know any other "gross" things Filipinas like to do in their spare time I'd like to hear about it.

You just discovered this?

What was her response when you asked her to use the toilet paper instead?

How do you know for sure that most of the Filipinos do this? What do restaurant workers do?

Didnt Winston have some terrible sickness years ago from the heat in Angeles city? Maybe this is the cause. All those people with filthy hands walking around.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Is the left hand the toilet hand in the Philippines?

Do they pick their nose with the toilet hand, and do they wash their hands before picking their nose?

I'm also surprised that someone could be married for three years without realizing this.

Most Indonesians use their hands, but they are good about having water and soap in the bathroom, even in kind of lousy bathrooms. I had an expat friend married to a local Chinese who said he'd converted, and now he felt dirty if he didn't wash up down there after going. Then, he was trying to get me to sniff his left hand. The dude was successful, but in some ways, he was stuck in middle school.

I experienced something gross at a Sizzler in Indonesia. Normally, Sizzler was a great deal. For $2.50 or $3.00 I'd get a cheap small steak or chicken steak, eat spaghetti and salad off the salad bar, and then ask for a box to take the steak home. My wife and I would hit that buffet probably once or twice a month. But I went to a Sizzler once and a father was taking his son to the toilet. He seemed very upset when he saw they had toilet paper and no water. They had the sinks outside of the toilet stalls for people to use to wash their hands. So he picks his little kid of three or whatever, and sticks the kids butt in the sink to wash it. It really grossed me out. Good thing I'd already washed my hands.

Indonesia is good about having places to wash your hands. There may not be a bathroom in every McDonalds, which may be in the mall, but there is a sink to wash your hands in those kinds of restaurants.

Back to toilet paper, I saw a display some college students had put on display in the mall about the environment, and one student had a display with a paper that said how much toilet paper was flushed down the toilet in some western country, and how trees could be saved by not using toilet paper.

So watch out guys. The government puts high taxes on gas. They may go after toilet paper next.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

This is why you should only go for a better educated one, and not some country bumpkin which most foreign men end up with. You and other guys must be really desperate to put up with that kind of thing.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

In Indonesia, rich people wash their behinds, too. Some of them might know how to use toilet paper, too, since a lot of toilets offer both options, especially at upscale places in the city. It's not just a country bumpkin thing.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

You're supposed to wash your ass, but only AFTER using toilet paper first. :lol:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Couldn't it be argued that washing your ass with those hoses they have in various Asian countries was considerably more hygienic than using toilet paper?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Its the case with all Arabs/Muslims as well

After you wash your ass with water or bum gun do you dry it or just pull you pants up?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:Couldn't it be argued that washing your a** with those hoses they have in various Asian countries was considerably more hygienic than using toilet paper?
This is correct.

Now I am using rarely any toilet paper in Japan.

In Japan, my own rooms, the restrooms in the office, almost all hotel rooms, restrooms in department stores, but even the restroom of a gas station or convenience store have now a washlet installed. I also saw last year for the first time in a new ANA-airplane restrooms with washlet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6 ... shlet.html

While in Thailand, I also rarely use toilet paper, as many toilets everywhere, of course also the toilets in our condominium unit do have toilet sprayers. A Thai toilet sprayer is basically the cheap version of a Japanese washlet.

It's really the last resort if there is no water available for me. To avoid the use of dry toilet paper, I always carry Japanese wet toilet paper tissues with me, which are made for traveling and are soaked with anti-bacterial fluid.

I see no technical progress between an US-restroom now and 50 years ago. Rather dirty and very primitive.
I find the use of ordinary toilet paper outdated and rather unhygienic. Your hand, your s**t and nothing between except a poor quality piece of paper.

Teaching Asian people not to use water but toilet paper instead for cleaning their behind because of hygienic issues sounds to me a bit over the top.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

The thought of a filipina putting a finger in her ass makes me want them even more than I already do.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Seeker wrote:This is why you should only go for a better educated one, and not some country bumpkin which most foreign men end up with. You and other guys must be really desperate to put up with that kind of thing.
Exactly! Jeez my wife has germ phobia. There are times I think she's turning into Howard Hughes.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

How prevalent is this in the Philippines? I mean this has to be only in the country side? I
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

chanta76 wrote:How prevalent is this in the Philippines? I mean this has to be only in the country side? I
Most families in the Philippines use their hand.

Pacquiao's trainer tells all.

Philippines is a world leader in hepatitis B.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Talk to people from countries where they use water instead of toilet paper about it, and they may think you are dirty for walking around all day with a dirty butt with toilet-paper dingle-berries hanging off. No wonder you smell bad. They'd better not sit in the chair after you sat in it.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Which part do you want to be clean, that part, or your left hand? Indonesians are good about having soap to wash up in the bathroom, even in lousy poor-looking bathrooms. Little bottles of sanitizer are also very popular for people to carry with them. I wonder if that's why.

Toilet paper is a relatively recent invention. I hear they used to use corn cobs and leaves in the west before toilet paper. I'd imagine some Americans and Europeans had to have used water.

They don't grab a handful of pooh and wipe it on the side of the toilet. They wet their hand and dilute it down that way until it's gone, I guess. Yes, it's nasty, but I'd venture to guess someone reading this has washed their back side in the shower before.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

My wife (shes a Filipina) her dad recently came down with a really nasty sickness that put him in the hospital for four days, cant remember the name of it now sorry, but after researching it on-line, its only spread by fecal matter and he eats out alot. . .