Why Men Still Defend Marriage

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Men Still Defend Marriage

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

hypermak wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 5:01 pm
@Contrarian Expatriate You still haven't answered my question. Have you been married before?
What difference does that make? The reasoned and objective truth is the truth regardless of one's past history. Sorry you are not able to see that.
hypermak wrote: I read some of your old posts and all I could find was an Eastern European girl living in the US whom you basically paid regularly so she could have s*x with you once every few days. Hardly a win, in my book. Hardly something that screams quality in the kinds of women and the kinds of relationships you are looking for.
Do you honestly think you can find the entirety of my relationship history on this forum? Don't be more of an idiot than you have already made yourself. And by the way, any relationship that is on my terms with a drop dead gorgeous girl who is more than half my age is a HUGE win in my book! You just can't relate because you don't know what it is like to be wealthy and able to have a bevy of girls at your beck and call. Keep in mind, these are girls who could have any man they wanted. Do you think they would have chosen you even if you supported them? 8)
hypermak wrote: You might have been burned in the past, in which case I might understand your reluctance with looking for good women who don't need/want to get paid to be with you.
Is the best you can do the, "Who hurt you?" shaming tactic that feminists, effeminate men, and cucks routinely use? That says a lot about you.
hypermak wrote: For one last time, I am not saying I will marry in a breeze.
No, no, no! Don't back away now! I actually WANT you to marry so as to teach you what you are reluctant to accept. PLEASE marry and do it soon!
hypermak wrote: I am saying that women worth their salt will want some form of commitment.
Idiot Tell #1: Conflating marriage with commitment. Truly a lost soul you are....
hypermak wrote: The key element here is love and commitment, not marriage, which might or might not be there, as an expression of that commitment.
Idiot Tell #2: Equating the government marriage contract with "love." You are so lost that you deserve what befalls you.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 6:40 pm
hypermak wrote: I am saying that women worth their salt will want some form of commitment.
Idiot Tell #1: Conflating marriage with commitment. Truly a lost soul you are....
Conflate = combine into one. Where is the "marriage" word I am combining, presumably with the word "commitment"? You like using big words, but can you at least read what's in front of you?
hypermak wrote: The key element here is love and commitment, not marriage, which might or might not be there, as an expression of that commitment.
Idiot Tell #2: Equating the government marriage contract with "love." You are so lost that you deserve what befalls you.
Idem. I said "the key element here is love and commitment, not marriage". In my junior high school classes they taught us that "not" indicates negation, not equality.

Again, you read what you want to read. Why even post on a forum?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

To defend marriage with a Western woman makes nowadays really no sense.
The legal situation of marriage in Continental Europe - when I was still young - was totally different from what it is today.
There were advantages for men too, and not only for women. A married woman could not refuse to have sex with her husband, and to sleep with boyfriends was the best reason for a quick divorce, and the woman got nothing in such a case.
Also parents rights were much stronger, now they do not exist anymore.

Today there is no incentive for any man to marry, and the legal situation is getting worse for men, and not only for Western men...
Yes, I am married, but not with a Western woman and I am not living in a Western county - and at that time MGTOW was unknown.
I do not have any problem with my wife and daughters, they all are OK - but still if you ask me, if I would do it again nowadays as a young man....
Hmmm....maybe better not, stay single. There is now a huge financial risk if something is going wrong if you marry - how can you know what will happen in your future - too many marriages ending in divorce and the bill is always paid by the ex-husband.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:20 am
Conflate = combine into one. Where is the "marriage" word I am combining, presumably with the word "commitment"? You like using big words, but can you at least read what's in front of you?
Idem. I said "the key element here is love and commitment, not marriage". In my junior high school classes they taught us that "not" indicates negation, not equality.

Again, you read what you want to read. Why even post on a forum?
I see you like to play semantics by conveniently ignoring how your “Idiot Tells” relate to your previous posts. No one here is fooled. You are a cuck and a fool who will be zeroed out by marriage. Bank on it. But again, I would rather see the idiots racked through the coals and smarter men learning from your ordeal. So please, go get married and see how it turns out for you😆.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

December 18th, 2019, 10:02 am
I see you like to play semantics by conveniently ignoring how your “Idiot Tells” relate to your previous posts. No one here is fooled. You are a cuck and a fool who will be zeroed out by marriage. Bank on it. But again, I would rather see the idiots racked through the coals and smarter men learning from your ordeal. So please, go get married and see how it turns out for you😆.
No cigar, amigo. I have never equated marriage with love or commitment in any of my previous posts, either, simply because I don't think they are related. Commitment to the right girl? I believe in it. Marriage is something that usually makes the right kinds of girls comfortable, it's a leap of faith because nobody knows what the future will bring. And yes, lots of marriages remain solid and happy, especially with certain foreign women including Filipinas.

By now it's crystal clear, to me and all other members, that you are just a jaded little man who has nothing else to do in life than peddle his gloomy worldview lest they will be called an idiot.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 6:44 pm
By now it's crystal clear, to me and all other members, that you are just a jaded little man who has nothing else to do in life than peddle his gloomy worldview lest they will be called an idiot.
I keep having to defend CE in this thread by pointing out that in his situation as a well kept negro pet of the system, his attitude to marriage makes perfect sense. His only mistake is generalising his situation onto everyone else, although even then he is largely right.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:26 pm
hypermak wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 6:44 pm
I keep having to defend CE in this thread by pointing out that in his situation as a well kept negro pet of the system, his attitude to marriage makes perfect sense. His only mistake is generalising his situation onto everyone else, although even then he is largely right.
I don't know why you're being racist towards CE and can't be bothered to dig it out from your earlier posts, but the genuinue question I might ask you, too is: why can't you guys even entertain the notion that, if and when a good woman is found and a man wants to start a family with her, marriage might be a viable option? Why is it always, ultimately and without appeal, the ultimate plague, the no-go option?

Have you ever considered that:

1) not all women are "Western women" or "American women", in the pejorative sense this forum often uses
2) even some of the women as in 1), even a tiny percentage (5%? 2%?) might still be decent people and deserve a long term relationship, perhaps even one where marriage is in the picture
3) assuming that it's very hard to find a needle-in-a-haystack good woman as in 2), going abroad (e.g. the Philippines where I live now) is a good way to increase those odds?
4) if man finds a good foreign woman (e.g. a Filipina) worth having a relationship with, then marriage is, if anything, the easiest way to live with her hassle-free, travel hassle-free, give a proper family settings to the kids, etc.
5) the succes rates of relationships and marriages with said foreign women are inded much higher than that found in the US, Canada, the UK etc.

It does look like some of you want to live a totally risk-free life. I don't know if life has been much kinder to you but, in my life, I have never achieved nothing worth having, nothing worth keeping without effort.

A relationship is a risk. Marriage is a risk. Our entire existence is a risk. Risk-reward.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:01 pm
I don't know why you're being racist towards CE and can't be bothered to dig it out from your earlier posts,Why is it always, ultimately and without appeal, the ultimate plague, the no-go option?
Because he is of a different race/species, and the last thing the world needs is more blacks and mulattoes.
but the genuinue question I might ask you, too is: why can't you guys even entertain the notion that, if and when a good woman is found and a man wants to start a family with her, marriage might be a viable option?
Because the woman is not the problem. The system is the problem, and women't personalities will change in a heartbeat depending on their circumstances.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:38 pm
hypermak wrote:
I don't know why you're being racist towards CE and can't be bothered to dig it out from your earlier posts,Why is it always, ultimately and without appeal, the ultimate plague, the no-go option?
Because he is of a different race/species, and the last thing the world needs is more blacks and mulattoes.
LOL okok...let's change subject.
Cornfed wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:38 pm
but the genuinue question I might ask you, too is: why can't you guys even entertain the notion that, if and when a good woman is found and a man wants to start a family with her, marriage might be a viable option?
Because the woman is not the problem. The system is the problem, and women't personalities will change in a heartbeat depending on their circumstances.
Yes, their tendency is to be volatile, certainly more than the average man from the same generation. Still, I still hold the hope that, somewhere in the Leyte province, a good girl still exist who won't turn around and ask for divorce for futile reasons.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:50 pm
Still, I still hold the hope that, somewhere in the Leyte province, a good girl still exist who won't turn around and ask for divorce for futile reasons.
It is like holding out the hope that employees will want to work and except you as an employer if you don't actually pay them anything because the regime takes your money by force and gives it to them for nothing in return. There is no such employee because it doesn't make any sense, and it is not the employees' fault.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

hypermak wrote:
Have you ever considered that:
1) not all women are "Western women" or "American women", in the pejorative sense this forum often uses
2) even some of the women as in 1), even a tiny percentage (5%? 2%?) might still be decent people and deserve a long term relationship, perhaps even one where marriage is in the picture
May I answer how I see the situation,

When I was young my situation was really bad, I never had any Western girlfriend, I understand why.
However when I was around 22 years old, I managed to improve my life considerably. I had a regular job in a banking institute, was owner of my own small condominium unit near the center of Vienna, had a small car, a motorcycle, free of debts, no criminal record, non-smoker, no alcohol, no gambling, some savings, and what was wrong with me? I still could not find any reasonable girl to be with me.
I also noticed that a few good women at the age of 20 were already taken by other serious men, and the remaining large group of women had either children as a single mom, had multiple boyfriends, socialized with gangsters, were solely into nightlife and hard drinks and - were making fun out of me - my condo was too small, my car too old, my income too low, no alcohol was an immediate turn away and nothing what I was working for was appreciated. What I have seen, Western women are really bad. I have a zero understanding and compassion for Western women who make bad decisions when choosing their men and are ending up divorced with children living a substandard life, were ending up in a clinic after taking drugs and tried to commit suicide, or ending up in a hospital after being beaten green and blue by their boyfriends...

Women, including how I was treated by my mother, half-sisters, female teachers and just 'ordinary girls next door' made me to a MRA/MGTOW, despite this term was unknown at that time.
Interesting I turned out clearly as a straight man, still looking out for a nice female friend - result was zero.
At that time I did not expect to end up with a foreign wife in a foreign country for the rest of my life.
3) assuming that it's very hard to find a needle-in-a-haystack good woman as in 2), going abroad (e.g. the Philippines where I live now) is a good way to increase those odds?
40 years ago, going abroad was a nice way to find a good foreign woman, not many foreigners around you when you took a trip to far away, to overseas, in my case to Asia.

But there were other problems, like East Europe was still closed, I was living only 30 km away from the 'iron curtain' at that time.

Immigrants were often Muslims, out of question, I will never be a Muslim, despite I left Catholic Church when I was 17.

Airfare was horrible expensive, at least 2 months salary, vacation was shorter, phone to overseas was very expensive, no internet, no ATM existing etc.. difficult to find books for studying foreign languages like Japanese, Malay, Thai...

visa difficulties everywhere - can you image, that I as an Austrian citizen when I was still a child, travelling without parents in a children group had to present a passport in my name with a valid visa for spending holidays in ITALY?

To increase the chance to find a good wife overseas was not easy, it was costly - how to earn so much money as a young man and how to bring her back to your own country....
4) if man finds a good foreign woman (e.g. a Filipina) worth having a relationship with, then marriage is, if anything, the easiest way to live with her hassle-free, travel hassle-free, give a proper family settings to the kids, etc.
5) the succes rates of relationships and marriages with said foreign women are inded much higher than that found in the US, Canada, the UK etc.
This is true, but only by my observation, if you are willing and able to settle down in her country, do not move her over to any Western country, but this is again a problem, what can you do in her country? How can you earn money there? Long-stay visa, working permit are also a problem.
I understand that not everybody can do that. To be successful for relocation is not so easy. Some men I meet frequently in Asia are doing this only after retirement holding some savings and retirement allowances and are already 55+, others are spending 5 months overseas, 7 months back to Europe to avoid to run out of money.

I could manage to live in Japan with the Japanese, but only after failing in Malaysia living with the Chinese....
It does look like some of you want to live a totally risk-free life. I don't know if life has been much kinder to you but, in my life, I have never achieved nothing worth having, nothing worth keeping without effort.

A relationship is a risk. Marriage is a risk. Our entire existence is a risk. Risk-reward.
I don't think this is a good advice. It is better to be risk-averse.

What I did - to move overseas and to create a mixed race family - was more than 40 years ago, the situation now is different.
Nowadays as I said, there is no incentive for a young man to get married at all... about women - enjoy, but maybe with bargirls against some cash, maybe girlfriends, maybe co-habitation with them for a while, but better keep it be responsible only to yourself...I see no reason why you should marry and sell out yourself. It is not about 'hating women, as feminists tell us', it is about existing legal concern.

I understand it's a bit sad what I say, but this is the reality today... better be safe than sorry.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Bringing any woman back to the west as a wife is fraught with risks, but if you most do that (as was the case with forum member Redfeather) quality Filipinas are definitely the best choice, because they are the least likely to divorce once they arrive in the west. Just be sure pick a woman who is your sexual market value equal and make sure she has good morals.

At all costs, avoid bringing Eastern European women back to the west as wives (though they make excellent pay-as-you-go mistresses if you leave them in Eastern Europe and make it clear you are prepared to abandon them at the first sign of misbehavior).
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

December 17th, 2019, 12:47 pm
I did get @mrman to lightly admit that wives are a pain in the azz, but he would not permit himself to admit that marriage sucks because that would be a painful realization of personal failure.
i don't know what you are talking about, but i can't think of few women who would be as big of one as you seem to be.

Anyone can be annoying to you if you spend enough time around them, women and children included. But there are also lots of benefits to having a family. In my experience, the benefits far outweigh the annoyances. And that's just looking at it from a selfish perspective. I do not believe we exist for hedonistic self-interest and that should not be our priority in life. But sometimes I try to communicate in terms you can relate to.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

The video in the OP is dead now, yet the thread continues.

As I recall, there was a problem with the premise. This is the 'happier abroad' forum, with a theme of foreign women are better than western women running throughout many threads in the forums. Much of the world does not have the same messed up legal system when it comes to family law that has evolved in most of the Anglo legal system countries and Europe. I have spent many years in Indonesia. Their legal system has a lot of variables in it, depending on the religion and people-group of those tried, but kids under 7 could end up with the mother and stay with the father after that-- a lousy deal for both parents and no incentive to divorce. But in a country like that, a parent could run off with the kids and never be found. The divorce rate is fairly low. I know of no legal incentives for women to divorce men. Many people groups have social consequences for divorce. The only exception I know of where this would be rather light is the Sunda.

So you marry a woman who understands that she will sleep with you, bear your children, cook your food, clean your clothes (if you don't have a maid), and take care of your kids. And there is a general understanding that you are supposed to be in charge. How it plays out depends on whether you can establish yourself as the leader in the relationship, set boundaries, and maintain that, and her personality. She could have any kind of personality, docile, fiery, etc. Dealing with extended family, her family, is more complicated there since bonds are strong among extended family and boundaries are different. How you handle that depends on your choices and your own values about family.

Some city girls may not know how to cook. Rich girls may not know how to cook and clean. There are some girls who lose their virginity before marriage in the cities. But virginity at marriage seems pretty common. It is expected of men and women, and it's typical for them to marry fairly young around 23. Village girls might be more likely to be 'nice girls' than city girls, where there are still plenty of them. I think there is pretty good evidence for women married as virgins to have lower rates of adultery overall, based on some government stats I've read (from elsewhere), even if I do not have a specific study. There has been American research showing lower 'marital disruption' rates in the past. Women are looked down on more there if they commit some kind of sexual impropriety. Social censure and internalized values work against it. These advantages would probably not apply if you pick up some girl at a 'squeeze me bar' or night club.

That's a very different picture from marrying some feminist in the US who complains about 'the patriarchy' and has slept with a bunch of men.

And there are other countries that do not have our family law mess.

Wanting to have children and to raise your own kids is another reason to get married. Some MGTOWs are all for men going their own way if the other men are going the same way they are. And if logic and common sense doesn't back up their arguments, many of them go straight for insults. It is a weak man indeed who adopts MGTOW philosophy just because he was name-called into it.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote: Have you ever considered that:

Still conflating all of that with marriage and that will be your downfall when you do get married as you plan to do.

Again, there is no amount of evidence that can convince someone who is EMOTIONALLY invested in the concept of marriage. You will have to experience marriage first hand for the light bulb to finally illuminate!