Why do some people seem to be always happy? What's their secret?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are some people always happy? What's their secret?

Post by josephty2 »

If you ask some happy people of their childhood, it may be bad childhood. Like, really bad.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

EricaR
Freshman Poster

Post by EricaR »

Lord Buddha has preached "Happiness" is the great wealth.. When a person stays with full comprehension on Eight Worldly Conditions (Astha Loka Dharma), he can stay happy and relax
Decu
Freshman Poster

Post by Decu »

I guess that some eastern meditative practices can help reducing stress and depression and in that way make a person happy to some extent. In western countries like the USA and Canada people prefer to use CBD-containing products to reduce the stress and even muscle pain. Wide supply in the field provided reasonable prices for such things. A lot of my friends as a rule get seeds here thanks to discount policy and the provision of anonymity! :)
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do some people seem to be always happy? What's their secret?

Post by Winston »

I got a theory. Since:

1. American culture expects you to always be positive and upbeat, and it is a taboo to say "I feel terrible" when people ask "How are you doing?".
2. In reality, life is filled with up and down cycles that take turns, just like the four seasons take turns, so no one can always be happy, since the opposite has to take its turn too, according to the law of nature. Even when you get what you want, the novelty eventually wears off and your mind adjusts to it so it's no big deal anymore, and unhappiness has to come and take its turn.

Therefore, the reason Americans act so FAKE is because the above two cannot be reconciled, so they gotta put on a fake mask to reconcile them. That's why fakeness is part of American culture and people. Make sense? What do you all think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne