Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Post by Winston »

I asked Alex for his take on whether my soul is American or European.

[6/29, 6:36 PM] Alex From Venice: the only thing I dare to say is that American culture is more prone to pragmatism
[6/29, 6:36 PM] Alex From Venice: priority goes to what is useful for a given purpose
[6/29, 6:38 PM] Alex From Venice: less philosophy more action
[6/29, 6:39 PM] Alex From Venice: in this aspect you are less close to the American stereotypes that I know, and maybe more near to a classic culture, which isn't anymore much in Europe too

[6/29, 7:34 PM] Winston Wu: Thats true. Except for Hollywood. American movies put out a lot of fantasy and sci fi. And American authors write a lot of fantasy too. And Americans are into stuff like UFOs and ghosts too. But thats a subculture of America. The mainstream culture is very pragmatic and materialistic and all about financial success and business success.
[6/29, 7:35 PM] Winston Wu: Would I have fit into the Italian Renaissance era?

[6/29, 7:36 PM] Alex From Venice: Yes. I think so
[6/29, 7:37 PM] Alex From Venice: you are more like an "old soul"
[6/29, 7:37 PM] Alex From Venice: like me
[6/29, 7:37 PM] Alex From Venice: that's why you are my brother in soul 😉
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Post by Winston »

Light wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 8:00 pm
Winston wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 7:44 pm
Thats not the kind of gecko we have here. The one here is small and green and chirps loudly like a bird.
Maybe you could make a youtube video and get many viewers. There aren't enough Gecko sounds on youtube and that might get a lot of viewers. I know I would be interested to hear what the green Geckos in Taiwan sound when they chirp.

When you're in Taiwan do you live in a city, town, or a rural area to hear the Geckos chirping?
I don't need to film it myself. There are videos on YouTube of Asian geckos chirping. Here is one.

It's not very loud in the video, but in person it's a lot louder and more penetrating and sharp. Impossible to ignore.

Another one below.

I think it's a type of mating call. Who knows. But it's annoying as hell. My mind cannot filter these sounds out. They are as bad as the classic phone ringing sound.

What's odd is that my parents don't even notice them. Their mind just tunes them out. Why can't mine?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

yick wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Winston wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 8:26 am
Are you dumb Yick? I never said my DNA or race was European. No one is saying that. You are grasping at straws. I said my soul. Didn't you see the reincarnation documentary about about the four women who verified their past life memories in detail in Europe? Are you too closed minded to consider that? Your opinion is your opinion, not fact. Stop being arrogant.

Btw Yick, here's a quote about my soul from my cultural advisor Ladislav, who knows me in person too, unlike you. He has an Eastern European background btw.

https://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Ab ... ton-Wu.htm

"As far as you being a banana - a white man trapped in an Asian body - I would like to qualify that you are not an American white man inside an Asian body but a European Existentialist - a Frenchman, Italian or Spaniard trapped in an Asian body. You are certainly not a modern Anglo-Saxon trapped in it." - Ladislav

How do you explain that? That's a classic quote about me, been around a long time. Didn't you see it before? Where you been? Just because you're ignorant about something doesn't mean it's not there or it's not true or others more informed people don't know about it. Do you honestly think the universe exists in your head Yick and that if you don't know something then it doesn't exist? Are you that arrogant? If so, you're acting like an American bastard.

Btw Yick, Ladislav speaks nearly 10 languages and has in-depth knowledge about many different cultures. He is the Obi Wan Kenobi of culture comparison. So his opinion is definitely more qualified than you. In contrast, you're just an English teacher and arrogant know it all western male, typical American. Most British guys I've met would not debate me about my own soul. That's silly. So you aren't like other British men either.

What about the 16 points above Yick? Surely that cannot make me American right? Did you read all of them? Or are you illiterate?

Obviously I'm a unique hybrid of things, which is natural for an old soul, so to speak.
There is nothing about you that is European, Winston. You are of Asian ethnicity ingrained with American culture. You don't know many - if any - Europeans - if you did, you would realise they don't really care what anyone else thinks. You think 'football' is what Americans play - just you saying that makes you very American. :lol: Just like this Irish-Americans who go to Ireland and tell everyone that they're 'Irish' only for them to be brought back down to earth. I mean - an Irish-American is more Irish than your soul is 'European'.

The fact you are becoming insulting because I don't agree with you and that you think you're an intellectual because you study Plato tells anyone they need to know about how 'European' and your 'Soul' are. :lol: What makes you think you're smarter than me or anyone else? (apart from your huge, delusional ego).

You keep bragging about your intellect - why do you do that? Except it is culturally ingrained into you as part of your identity.
Sorry, but anyone can read my articles and yours and see that I'm more intellectual and deeper and broad minded than you. Why not? I'm not bragging. I have no ego. I'm just stating the facts as I see it. A spade is a spade. I do not brag or boast or pretend to be good at things I am not. I tell it like it is. We are not all equal. Sorry but my atheist friend from Uruguay thought that too, but I totally busted him and he ran away in fear when I destroyed his atheist/marxist belief that we are all equal in every way and that no one is smarter than another.

How come I vibe and connect better with Europeans in general? I'm not lying. If you keep calling me a liar, then get off the board please. I don't appreciate people who don't listen to me or respect what I say. I would not say something if it were not true. I would not report an experience I never had. I am never dishonest like that. If you keep disbelieving everything I say, then you don't have any respect for me so I don't consider you a friend. I guess Ghost was right about you. It was a mistake to run him off and trade him for you instead. It wasn't a good trade.

I told you, a true Asian soul or American soul would never say the things I say. See here: viewtopic.php?&p=342809#p342809

Furthermore, I gave a long list above in this thread explaining why I have all the characteristics of a Euro soul rather than an American soul. You said you saw the long list and noted it, but you never gave any logical reason why that list didn't prove that I have a European soul.

How do you know my soul is not European? Just because I look Asian and have an American accent? You aren't God, you aren't the librarian of the akashic records, so how do you know? Why do you act like you can know stuff for sure in the metaphysical world? Totally illogical and arrogant.

Do you think you know MY soul better than me?! Are you CRAZY Yick? Who do you think you are? God? LOL

Other men I know, unless they are atheists, do not dispute that. Even in this forum, some guys agree that I'm a European soul. And also see Ladislav's quote about me above too. Ladislav has lived in 9 countries LONG TERM and speaks about 9 languages too, so he's WAYYYYYY SMARTER and WISER than you Yick when it comes to culture comparisons. He's the Obi Wan Kenobi of culture comparison. Even he says I'm a "EUROPEAN EXISTENTIALIST SOUL" in an Asian body. Again:

"As far as you being a banana - a white man trapped in an Asian body - I would like to qualify that you are not an American white man inside an Asian body but a European Existentialist - a Frenchman, Italian or Spaniard trapped in an Asian body. You are certainly not a modern Anglo-Saxon trapped in it." - Ladislav

Sorry Yick, your opinion and Ladislav's opinion DO NOT carry equal weight at all. Far from it. Your opinion has no value and is nothing compared to his. No offense. Just he truth. Try to be more humble and know your place man. You're not the expert on anything here.

Use basic logic. If I had a Chinese soul, I would NEVER write the things I do about Taiwan. No Asian would say the stuff I do when I criticize Asian culture in my anti-asian threads. Also, if my soul were American, I'd never advocate going abroad. I'd be like all those patriot Americans and recommend everyone STAY in America, build and underground bunker and buy guns and a whole arsenal of firearms and hide them so that the government could never take them away and never violate our 2nd Amendment rights. No true American patriot would tell people to leave the USA like I do. Think about it Yick. Use your brain. A true American would be like Alex Jones or Bill Cooper and never tell everyone to leave America. They'd tell everyone to stay and fight to "take back our country". Don't you know that?

Btw, in case you know nothing about reincarnation I assume (since reincarnation believers would not discount my claim about having a European soul from a past life) please educate yourself and see the links below.

viewtopic.php?&p=342747#p342747

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7149

Also, any skeptics of reincarnation such as Yick and other closed minded men, check out this stunning and compelling 1981 documentary on reincarnation where FOUR WOMEN in Australia who had past life memories of being in Europe, were taken there to see if their memories could be verified and substantiated. What they found will astround you and blow your mind! After you see it, you will definitely be more open to my claim that many of my past lives were in England and Europe. Don't just dismiss it, watch it with an open mind. Everyone in this documentay is very honest and down to earth, like honest ordinary everyday people.

Video description:

1981 documentary with australian hypnotherapist Peter Ramster. Filmed live as the research was undertaken. -with a bonus update for Gwen McDonald!-

Four women are regressed to their past lives and then seek out the places they remembered under hypnosis and find the evidence beyond the extent they had imagined.

Cynthia Henderson: Amélie de Cheville whose manor house was Château Cerisy Belle Etoille (now Château Cerisy-Belle-Étoile) in Normandy, France, about two hundred years earlier (died 1763).

Helen Pickering: Doctor James (Archibald) Burns, born in 1807, who studied medicine at Marischal College, Aberdeen then had his own practice in Blairgowrie, Scotland.

Jenny Green: Dorothe Halman, of Düsseldorf, jewish teen girl in nazi Germany during the Holocaust.

Gwen McDonald: Rose Duncan, born in 1765, whose house was Rose Cottage in Somerset, England.

The evidence is extraordinary. The full details of the expedition were written up in the book 'The Search For Lives Past' by Peter Ramster.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Das verlorene Reich wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 2:45 am
@Winston I can say that from what I know about American culture, notably some psychology books I read, most Americans seem to me like brainwashed members of a cult. They think their country is all powerful and democratic and just recite the "independance day" credo while all their history shows that this country is what's closest to evil on Earth among the West. They care so much about their job (which to me is just the last thing they have to identify with, given how shallow and empty they must feel) that in psychological books which are about the patients (which they call "clients" by the way, there again typically American) they mention what job they do above anything else apart from birth date. In Europe usually psychiatrists call their patients patients and care more about their background than their job.

About Europe, every country is very culturally different (apart from some fake creations like Belgium that really has a low quality culture in my opinion) but yeah you can find more intelligent people, if by intelligent you consider people who want to understand life as it really is and not as the Gov and other devils want you to see it. Though most Europeans are shallow sheep like their American counterparts. I have very good friends with who I have very deep discussions, be it about politics, religion, emotions and relationships (something now people seem forbidden to tell the truth about for fear of appearing weak) etc.

I really identify (hate the way that word is used now though with all the progressive madness) with German culture though, especially late XIXth century romanticism.

About @yick I have already have exchanges with him on my topic about France and he seems to have been brainwashed by neo-marxist ideologies (ie everything is "equal" even if even a child can know that nothing is ever equal, this is only true in mathematical abstractions) and doesn't even realise it.

Though I don't support your view about the soul. I don't believe in body-soul dissociation. If anything I think the soul is the emanation of the body and not a superior entity trapped in a disgusting meat cage like Christians view it. Focusing on the soul and giving up on the material world leads nowhere, since everything is interconected (but not one like all this "new age" bullshit), taking care of the material world (by that I don't mean only objects but everything that physically exists around you) leads to a healthier soul and conversely. So for me there is no way you can be such a thing as "an European trapped in an Asian body", this is again post-marxist crazyness that want you to believe that if you feel like something then you are that thing. For example I "feel" German, but I'm not German, nor will I ever be, and not sharing French values as a whole doesn't mean I've not a French culture.
But @Das verlorene Reich with all due respect, just because you are an atheist or materialist and don't believe the soul exists, like many modern men do today, doesn't mean that the soul doesn't exist and that your beliefs are the highest truth and right about what's true and what isn't. You don't know for sure right? A lot of modern beliefs are wrong, including atheism, for many reasons I listed already in other threads. See here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30590

How do you explain all the evidence I posted here:

viewtopic.php?&p=342747#p342747

And the video above too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrXtkYV9sk8

Your "no soul" beliefs cannot account for all that, right? Are you familiar with all this evidence? It's been mainstream and pop culture since the 1970's? Why are so many men still ignorant of it? Have all these materialistic men been living under a cave?

You do understand that your beliefs should account for all data right? You can't just dimiss or ignore or deny data/evidence that doesn't fit with your beliefs. That's not scientific right? Don't you consider yourself a truth seeker and objective researcher?

How do you explain all the past life memories of those four women which checked out and were very specific and cannot be explained away? And all the other compelling cases like that too, which are well documented? If you can't discount it, then you can't discount the possibility of reincarnation right? Why are you 100 percent the soul does not survive the body?

Perhaps if you watch this presentation by Dr. Bruce Greyson and take all the data/examples into consideration, you may change your mind. Are you open or closed? What makes you 100 percent sure about your conclusions? I don't understand extreme views.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 2:42 pm
The other possible thing would be schizotypal personality disorder, as noted here:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353919

Wouldn't explain your noise sensitivity, which tends to be more associated with autism, PTSD, or OCD.
So noise sensitivity is a common problem with those who are autistic or have OCD? Do they also have trouble resuming their activities after an interruption? As though some mental chord has been cut and cannot be reattached, so that one can continue where they left off?

Do you have any professional psychiatrist or psychologist friends that you can ask about this? @HouseMD?

Has psychiatry or psychology or therapy changed since the 80's and 90's? Do they have more labels? If so, aren't there some odd disorders like mine that have no label yet in the DSM manual?

I still don't get something. You sent me a link of criteria, but if I only fit 30 percent of the criteria, could I still have the disorder? Isn't 30 or 40 percent low? Low enough to rule out? Don't you need an 80 percent match to determine if one has the disorder in question?

Are there different forms of autism? If so, which one do you think I have?

And aren't some people just plain weird or oversensitive to everything, without having any official mental disorder? Or do they have labels for everything now?

I heard that even those obsessed with healthy eating have been given a disorder too. Isn't that going too far? lol

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 12:49 pm

Sorry, but anyone can read my articles and yours and see that I'm more intellectual and deeper and broad minded than you.
You're not, you're a joke! Just look at how you conduct your arguments around here, you conduct them like a 12 year spoilt little boy.

Why not?

Yeah, why not indeed, but the facts are you are an average and if we're pushing it, an above average intellect, you're certainly no intellectual and nor am I - there are millions of smarter people around the word than either of us. My academic credentials are superior to yours, we have never met or debated you but I would take you to town if we actually did.
I'm not bragging. I have no ego.
You are joking, you are insanely egotistical and a complete and utter braggart. You seem to have no realistic self-reflection and everything around you is measured via that massive, huge ego of yours.

I'm just stating the facts as I see it. A spade is a spade. I do not brag or boast or pretend to be good at things I am not. I tell it like it is.
You are extremely egotistical and vain. No two ways about it.
We are not all equal. Sorry but my atheist friend from Uruguay thought that too, but I totally busted him and he ran away in fear when I destroyed his atheist/marxist belief that we are all equal in every way and that no one is smarter than another.
You're not smarter than me, many people are smarter than me - for example, I wouldn't have been forced to give my credit card to a couple of thieving whores and they get robbed in the process of thousands of dollars, that's your superior thought process at work... come back when you have invented something.
How come I vibe and connect better with Europeans in general?
No-one is calling you a liar Mr. Intellectual! It just isn't true, other Europeans don't vibe and connect with each other because there are many distinct cultures and attitudes - do you think a Russian and a Brit are the same?

I'm not lying. If you keep calling me a liar, then get off the board please.
:lol: I am happy to go anytime.
I don't appreciate people who don't listen to me or respect what I say
Because you talk crap! Ban me! I don't care! :lol: How many people are left here, six - five when I have gone.
I would not say something if it were not true. I would not report an experience I never had. I am never dishonest like that. If you keep disbelieving everything I say, then you don't have any respect for me so I don't consider you a friend. I guess Ghost was right about you. It was a mistake to run him off and trade him for you instead. It wasn't a good trade.
Ghost STARTED trouble and it was Droid who doxed him, nothing about him trying to troll me had anything to do with me when he ran off and deleted his posts :lol: What Ghost shouldn't do is go around trolling people, the reason you favoured on my side is because I neither started it nor did I doxx him and you know it's true. This has nothing to do with the latest horeshit that you're spouting, what happened with Ghost has nothing to do with this debate.
Furthermore, I gave a long list above in this thread explaining why I have all the characteristics of a Euro soul rather than an American soul. You said you saw the long list and noted it, but you never gave any logical reason why that list didn't prove that I have a European soul.
Because it was rubbish and I am not going through all your shit as I have things to do, the only sould you have is an arsoul :lol: :lol: :lol:
How do you know my soul is not European? Just because I look Asian and have an American accent? You aren't God, you aren't the librarian of the akashic records, so how do you know? Why do you act like you can know stuff for sure in the metaphysical world? Totally illogical and arrogant.
I look at you and listen to you and I see 0% European. Not one bit of you is a European.
Do you think you know MY soul better than me?! Are you CRAZY Yick? Who do you think you are? God? LOL
You are just a clueless, egotistical numbnut with an average intellect, lucky to live the life he does bankrolled by his parents but still miserable and deluded. You're lucky you don't have to go out and work and you will never ever have to. Have you ever thought about realising what you have and cherishing it? Have you ever thought about thanking your parents for being where you are now? Have you ever thought about thanking Dianne for bearing you a handsome and healthy son? Have you ever thought about improving yourself and becoming a better you than being a middle aged perennial sex tourist...

I mean, would you have caught Tesla, Einstein, Bill Gates or the likes of in downtown Angeles City? :lol:

No offence Winston - you are pretty average in regards intellect - if you are a super intellect, what does that make 'The Joker' than Aussie guy that would tear you a new one every five minutes whilst you were out in Russia? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

yick wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:03 am
Winston wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 12:49 pm

Sorry, but anyone can read my articles and yours and see that I'm more intellectual and deeper and broad minded than you.
You're not, you're a joke! Just look at how you conduct your arguments around here, you conduct them like a 12 year spoilt little boy.

Why not?

Yeah, why not indeed, but the facts are you are an average and if we're pushing it, an above average intellect, you're certainly no intellectual and nor am I - there are millions of smarter people around the word than either of us. My academic credentials are superior to yours, we have never met or debated you but I would take you to town if we actually did.
I'm not bragging. I have no ego.
You are joking, you are insanely egotistical and a complete and utter braggart. You seem to have no realistic self-reflection and everything around you is measured via that massive, huge ego of yours.

I'm just stating the facts as I see it. A spade is a spade. I do not brag or boast or pretend to be good at things I am not. I tell it like it is.
You are extremely egotistical and vain. No two ways about it.
We are not all equal. Sorry but my atheist friend from Uruguay thought that too, but I totally busted him and he ran away in fear when I destroyed his atheist/marxist belief that we are all equal in every way and that no one is smarter than another.
You're not smarter than me, many people are smarter than me - for example, I wouldn't have been forced to give my credit card to a couple of thieving whores and they get robbed in the process of thousands of dollars, that's your superior thought process at work... come back when you have invented something.
How come I vibe and connect better with Europeans in general?
No-one is calling you a liar Mr. Intellectual! It just isn't true, other Europeans don't vibe and connect with each other because there are many distinct cultures and attitudes - do you think a Russian and a Brit are the same?

I'm not lying. If you keep calling me a liar, then get off the board please.
:lol: I am happy to go anytime.
I don't appreciate people who don't listen to me or respect what I say
Because you talk crap! Ban me! I don't care! :lol: How many people are left here, six - five when I have gone.
I would not say something if it were not true. I would not report an experience I never had. I am never dishonest like that. If you keep disbelieving everything I say, then you don't have any respect for me so I don't consider you a friend. I guess Ghost was right about you. It was a mistake to run him off and trade him for you instead. It wasn't a good trade.
Ghost STARTED trouble and it was Droid who doxed him, nothing about him trying to troll me had anything to do with me when he ran off and deleted his posts :lol: What Ghost shouldn't do is go around trolling people, the reason you favoured on my side is because I neither started it nor did I doxx him and you know it's true. This has nothing to do with the latest horeshit that you're spouting, what happened with Ghost has nothing to do with this debate.
Because it was rubbish and I am not going through all your shit as I have things to do, the only sould you have is an arsoul :lol: :lol: :lol:
I look at you and listen to you and I see 0% European. Not one bit of you is a European.
You are just a clueless, egotistical numbnut with an average intellect, lucky to live the life he does bankrolled by his parents but still miserable and deluded. You're lucky you don't have to go out and work and you will never ever have to. Have you ever thought about realising what you have and cherishing it? Have you ever thought about thanking your parents for being where you are now? Have you ever thought about thanking Dianne for bearing you a handsome and healthy son? Have you ever thought about improving yourself and becoming a better you than being a middle aged perennial sex tourist...

I mean, would you have caught Tesla, Einstein, Bill Gates or the likes of in downtown Angeles City? :lol:

No offence Winston - you are pretty average in regards intellect - if you are a super intellect, what does that make 'The Joker' than Aussie guy that would tear you a new one every five minutes whilst you were out in Russia? :lol: :lol: :lol:
How so dare you meanman yick to blasfamate against bossman wiseton for all you do is oneupping and argue for sake your egomania yick so leave happy aboard forever because this wiseton forum and you just guest and you also just guest in china and mostly unwelcome guest who people in heart feel you lo mongrel no status foreigner just use you take language from you for pennies to control all nonchinaman all over world but wiseton is much above you in china for he is real hanman but you just big bufalo to heart of china so strange you stay there even when english teach money so small and get smaller as china need foreigner less less every year
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Spencer wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 10:08 am

How so dare you meanman yick to blasfamate against bossman wiseton for all you do is oneupping and argue for sake your egomania yick so leave happy aboard forever because this wiseton forum and you just guest and you also just guest in china and mostly unwelcome guest who people in heart feel you lo mongrel no status foreigner just use you take language from you for pennies to control all nonchinaman all over world but wiseton is much above you in china for he is real hanman but you just big bufalo to heart of china so strange you stay there even when english teach money so small and get smaller as china need foreigner less less every year
I get very well paid for very low hours and save most of it. I save more than anyone back home that's for sure. My life in China is great, your life wherever you are is shit. Your ramblings are the product of the mentally ill, please seek help.

Secondly, even if the Chinese kicked me out, I would just go somewhere else. I have great qualifications and will make a living until the end of my days whereas you - it is the mental asylum or living under a cardboard box under a bridge, so let's not swap lives. :D
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

yick wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 7:31 pm
Spencer wrote:

I get very well paid for very low hours and save most of it. I save more than anyone back home that's for sure. My life in China is great, your life wherever you are is shit. Your ramblings are the product of the mentally ill, please seek help.

Secondly, even if the Chinese kicked me out, I would just go somewhere else. I have great qualifications and will make a living until the end of my days whereas you - it is the mental asylum or living under a cardboard box under a bridge, so let's not swap lives. :D
Don't feed the PAG troll, @yick. Put him on ignore, like everyone else...
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

hypermak wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 7:56 pm
yick wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 7:31 pm
Spencer wrote:

Don't feed the PAG troll, @yick. Put him on ignore, like everyone else...
I know, I just thought I would reply to him the once. :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some of these aspie traits this woman describes are true of me. When I make a plan or decide what to do next, I also cannot change it and am inflexible. Otherwise it throws me off. It's like an obsession with inner order. I have a hard time changing plans too. And I am ultra sensitive to noise too and cannot filter them out. Does that mean I may be semi-aspie?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@yick

Come on now. That's baloney. No one who knows me and has met me would describe me as "average intellect" at all. They all consider me bright and above average. Anyone can see that from my writings too, and from my podcasts. Average people don't talk like me. Far from it. That's obvious. I said long ago, I may not be a genius IQ, but my IQ is ABOVE average, not average. That's pretty obvious. If I'm average how come I say things no one else dares to say on YouTube or on the internet? See my youtube channel in my signature and see what I mean. Or view my podcasts thread. And I am good at point by point debate too. You can see that in all my treatises. An average guy would not create a website like this too. I'm sure we all know that.

All my close friends like Rock, Mr S, Alex, Ladislav, WorldTraveler, Sarah, Kelly, and many others would agree. Study me more and I'm sure you will agree. Even my critics like @hypermak and @MarcosZeitola would agree that I am bright and above average in intelligence at least. Definitely not an average Joe or average American or average Asian American. I do have my weaknesses and handicaps that others don't have, but I also have my talents and strengths and things I am good at too.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

What's wrong with being an average intellect? I am - so what? And why have you brought this up for now, @Winston ?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

yick wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 12:18 am
What's wrong with being an average intellect? I am - so what? And why have you brought this up for now, @Winston ?
Because I just saw it now and thought I should point out the obvious. Nothing about me is average. I am below average at some things, and above average at other things. For example, everyone in school could take notes and remember stuff the teachers said. I could not. Everyone can get on a ski lift without seat belts and go at dangerous heights with no problem. I cannot. Everyone can get on a cable car hanging high in the air by a cable. I cannot. Everyone can go 80mph on the freeway without fear of crashing. I can't. But I can think outside the box and debate ideas and theories. I can ask questions and see obvious mistakes that others don't see. Most cannot.

As you know Yick, in China no one thinks for themselves or outside the box. Everyone is part of a hive mind like the Borg Collective. You and I both see that, and agree that I'm not typical Chinese or Asian at all. That's pretty obvious. A typical average guy does not create a site like this either. Whether I am smart or not, or smart in some ways or not, I am not typical or average. I think that's obvious and everyone here would agree, even my critics. It's not bragging. It's just obvious.

There are also different ways of being intelligent. Some are good with people and others with computers. Some are good at fixing machines and cars, but others are good in philosophy. Etc.

I don't know you well Yick. I can't say whether you are intellectual or above average in intelligence because I don't know you well. But there's no law that says we gotta be the same. From talking to you though Yick, you do seem like a practical worldly man who is independent minded, regardless of what your IQ is. You sound like a reasonble person but you also have a side that likes to bully people sometimes too it seems.

Btw, it's true Europeans are not all the same. But most Europeans I've met are more open minded and down to earth. Similar to me. Not cliquish or fake. So in that sense, I am more similar to them.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 1:13 am
yick wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 12:18 am
Because I just saw it now and thought I should point out the obvious. Nothing about me is average. I am below average at some things, and above average at other things. For example, everyone in school could take notes and remember stuff the teachers said. I could not. Everyone can get on a ski lift without seat belts and go at dangerous heights with no problem. I cannot. Everyone can get on a cable car hanging high in the air by a cable. I cannot. Everyone can go 80mph on the freeway without fear of crashing. I can't. But I can think outside the box and debate ideas and theories. I can ask questions and see obvious mistakes that others don't see. Most cannot.

As you know Yick, in China no one thinks for themselves or outside the box. Everyone is part of a hive mind like the Borg Collective. You and I both see that, and agree that I'm not typical Chinese or Asian at all. That's pretty obvious. A typical average guy does not create a site like this either. Whether I am smart or not, or smart in some ways or not, I am not typical or average. I think that's obvious and everyone here would agree, even my critics. It's not bragging. It's just obvious.

There are also different ways of being intelligent. Some are good with people and others with computers. Some are good at fixing machines and cars, but others are good in philosophy. Etc.

I don't know you well Yick. I can't say whether you are intellectual or above average in intelligence because I don't know you well. But there's no law that says we gotta be the same. From talking to you though Yick, you do seem like a practical worldly man who is independent minded, regardless of what your IQ is. You sound like a reasonble person but you also have a side that likes to bully people sometimes too it seems.

Btw, it's true Europeans are not all the same. But most Europeans I've met are more open minded and down to earth. Similar to me. Not cliquish or fake. So in that sense, I am more similar to them.
We had a mostly light and pleasant conversation where we mostly talked about you and your future plans - there was nothing to suggest an intellect because we didn't go down that road (and not one I wouldn't I would be interested in having anyway, last thing I want to do is talk about conspiracy theories and whatnot with anyone) I am not saying you're not an intellect - you probably are. What I want to know is why does it matter if I think you are or I don't - why should you care? I am nothing to you.

I came away from our conversation that you are a pleasant person and we had a nice conversation, it seems you are a rather sensitive soul - nothing wrong with that to be honest.

I wouldn't say I have a side that 'bullies' people - but I come from a place where such people who are timid are crushed on a daily basis so maybe I am a bit forthright in expressing myself in a way that people where I am from do in conversation. There have been many times I let things go than go all-out on people and I am very polite - maybe you saw that when we were in conversation but our conversation was mostly about you and I asked many questions about you and had an interest in you. I didn't take over the conversation at all and you know this.