How To Afford Anything

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

How To Afford Anything

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Wow, this guy who wrote this article could have been anyone of us. This is a good read guys!

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how-to- ... ything.htm
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, good stuff here.

I didn't read all of it, but I'd if it wasn't mentioned then I'd also add... look after your stuff.

I've had 4 mobile phones since 1999 - most people have had around 10. And this Ultrabook is still working even after being bashed around in airports and being used in China and Thailand's hostile climates.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

^^^ I have had only 2 cell phones since 1999. For many years I just used a land line....lol
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Re: How To Afford Anything

Post by fdiv »

A lot of that is just wishful thinking. Take the "don't commute" thing. Ok, so if I got something close enough to walk or bike to work, that would cost me a bare minimum of $350,000. Also it would still be in an area with violent worthless monkeys roving about shooting shit up constantly. Instead, I bought a foreclosed home from HUD and commute 20 minutes. 1.25 acres, 1800 sq ft double wide that has tons of upgrades to it, and a 30x30 steel garage on concrete slab. It is in a nice rural setting that is SOOOOOO quiet!!! And it has beautiful wide open natural views! I can see where the Appalacians end in the distance across a huge meadow with nothing else blocking the view in front of my house across the street. There are only a few neighbors on my side of the street, after that its larger properties and various farms (there's a hemp farm nearby). I can work on lucarative industrious hobbies out of the garage (fully equipped machine shop). Guess how much that cost me? $27,000!!!! I don't have to do the math to know that cost of gas will never offset that savings! Especially driving a cheap toyota corolla that gets 47 miles to the gallon on the highway. This guy is such a linear thinking blockhead!
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Re: How To Afford Anything

Post by fdiv »

It wont' let me use image pastebin for images. Oh well
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)