Do you think the coronavirus may cause any of these economic disasters in America?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Re: Do you think the coronavirus may cause any of these economic disasters in America?

Post by StanfordGuy »

Yohan wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 2:45 am
yick wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 1:11 am
I don't think it was over 3000 - more like 20-30000 - I doubt it was 100000 but who knows...

Another still unclear situation is about recovered patients, who are testing again positive with the coronavirus, despite tested 2 times after recovery and found to be free of this virus and released from hospitals - how long does it take until the human body after recovery is creating antibodies, so that such a person cannot be infected again, and how long will these antibodies protect this person against re-infection - is the question...

South Korea found 19 people, who recovered, were re-infected (maybe from other people, maybe some virus was hiding in their own bodies after recovery and they might infect again other healthy people. That's really bad, but it will take a while to find out relevant data about re-infection.
Lol, likely false negatives ;), those tests are not the best... The PCR test is like 75 percent sensitivity coronavirus at start of disease. They're looking for an antibody one. The mouth swab requires the virus to have replicated a lot widely. Not all viruses do that at the same rate at the start. This one is actually quite slow. You get lung changes on CT several days before it's swabbable in the mouth!

I’m really thinking of starting a biotech company... real-time DNA testing for all these dumbass countries and healthcare systems that f***ing got an nice big F for testing and containment of this disease. Might be the biggest opportunity ever ;), there are a lot more deadlier diseases out there and nobody seems to realize what the technology that exists can be used for.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Light
Freshman Poster

Re: Do you think the coronavirus causes any of these economic disasters happens to America?

Post by Light »

Winston wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 5:19 am
Shemp wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 11:52 pm
hypermak wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 6:26 pm
Italians and Spaniards might be less disciplined than the Germans, but they're not stupid. We didn't "go crazy" because of a political agenda, we went crazy
Different cultures more than lack of discipline or stupidity. Germans went apeshit crazy in the 1930's, whereas Italians and Spanish and Portuguese also had fascism but not so crazy as Germany.

Note that there is no quarantine in Sweden or Japan or South Korea and even China is almost back to normal. These countries figured out that covid19 is not that serious, so quarantine no.longer justified. Also, as of 19 March 2020, covid19 is no longer considered a "high consequence infectious disease" in the UK, because fatality rate is so low, though there is a disconnect between scientists and politicians there, same as in Italy, so crazy shutdown continues:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-conseq ... f-covid-19

As I wrote before, the pandemic of craziness might be necessary to develop herd immunity to future outbreaks of craziness, since we can't continue to shut down the economy every few years.
Same here in Taiwan. Everything is open and operating as normal. Not much effect. Nothing is shut down. A few restaurants don't allow dine in, only take out. But that's it.

Why can't the US and other countries just do whatever Taiwan did to contain the virus? The US ought to be far more advanced than Taiwan at controlling things. Maybe the US is experimenting to see how much control they can get away with using this virus as an excuse?

I guess Asians don't need much government control because Asians tend to police themselves and obey everything in their culture. There are no true rebels in Asia or individualists, so no need for a police state. Only in America where people want to be free and individual, do they feel that a police state is required to control people it seems.
I don't think its about a global police state but more of an American police state which will be extended to nations that continue to serve America. I think many elites in America know that the eventual collapse of the United States is a mathematical certainty that will come in time. They are trying to delay the collapse. However, when someone knows that a collapse is coming but hasn't happened yet, they turn the collapse into a controlled demolition instead of a surprise explosion.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you think the coronavirus may cause any of these economic disasters in America?

Post by jamesbond »

Some people are starting to freak out over the coronavirus mandated shut down by the government! :shock:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."