Davao vs Cebu

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Davao or Cebu

Davao
100%
Cebu
No votes

Total votes: 1
FlyingMoose
Freshman Poster

Davao vs Cebu

Post by FlyingMoose »

Yes, another "which city" thread…

First of all, I've been to Angeles City a few times. It has its purpose, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. That's one of the reasons I'm leaning towards Davao, because there are supposed to be very few beggars/touts, and I got pretty sick of people trying to get in front of me and sell me fake medication whenever I'm outdoors, being chased by pickpocket kids, etc. In addition, I'd like to go a place where foreigners aren't always targets for higher prices, have to always haggle for a taxi (and probably pay more as a foreigner), and which is in general less of a shithole and feels safer. In short, I'm afraid that Cebu will be too much like AC, which many here agree isn't a very nice place.

I'm planning to visit either Cebu or Davao in October, and probably move in about another year (depending on how long it takes to sell my house). I'd like to meet a girl online in whichever place first, so I want to get started now.

Advantages of Davao:
Lack of beggars/touts
Taxis work better (I don't drive, so this is important)
Supposedly safer (except for radical Muslims?)
Lack of hurricanes

Advantages of Cebu:
International flights
Girls are nicer/easier
Better nightlife
P4P

I just want to find a steady girlfriend, not P4P, and I've never been into "nightlife" (bars/clubs) since I don't drink, so I don't really see those as huge advantages.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Davao vs Cebu

Post by OutWest »

FlyingMoose wrote:Yes, another "which city" thread…

First of all, I've been to Angeles City a few times. It has its purpose, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. That's one of the reasons I'm leaning towards Davao, because there are supposed to be very few beggars/touts, and I got pretty sick of people trying to get in front of me and sell me fake medication whenever I'm outdoors, being chased by pickpocket kids, etc. In addition, I'd like to go a place where foreigners aren't always targets for higher prices, have to always haggle for a taxi (and probably pay more as a foreigner), and which is in general less of a shithole and feels safer. In short, I'm afraid that Cebu will be too much like AC, which many here agree isn't a very nice place.

I'm planning to visit either Cebu or Davao in October, and probably move in about another year (depending on how long it takes to sell my house). I'd like to meet a girl online in whichever place first, so I want to get started now.

Advantages of Davao:
Lack of beggars/touts
Lack of hurricanes

Advantages of Cebu:
International flights
Girls are nicer/easier
Better nightlife
P4P

I just want to find a steady girlfriend, not P4P, and I've never been into "nightlife" (bars/clubs) since I don't drink, so I don't really see those as huge advantages.
Make sure you pay Cagayan de Oro a visit...it has it's own character- cleaner than Cebu...pretty safe...a lot of nice girls...low cost of living...it's worth a look.
Its my closest city...maybe I'm a bit partial...lol

Outwest
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

OutWest wrote:
FlyingMoose wrote:Yes, another "which city" thread…

Advantages of Davao:
Lack of beggars/touts
Lack of hurricanes

Advantages of Cebu:
International flights
Girls are nicer/easier
Better nightlife
P4P

Make sure you pay Cagayan de Oro a visit...it has it's own character- cleaner than Cebu...pretty safe...a lot of nice girls...low cost of living...it's worth a look.
Its my closest city...maybe I'm a bit partial...lol

Outwest
I don't think I'd actually live in Cebu City. An hour or so outside of it maybe. I liked Davao a lot and Cagayan de Oro even more for the reasons Outwest mentioned.

Surprisingly the International airport in Cebu is not a strong positive IMO. Whether you fly into Cebu or Manila, it's such a short hop to Davao, CDO or many other cities, that it's not really a big advantage.