More Korean (and Chinese men) seeking Wives from Vietnam

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: More Korean (and Chinese men) seeking Wives from Vietnam

Post by MrMan »

When I was in Korea, I heard there were Korean farmers importing ethnic Korean wives from ethnic Korean communities in China. Korean women wanted to marry the men who worked for companies in the cities. Farmers were having a hard time finding wives.

From what I've seen from news online, the Koreans marrying Vietnamese or Filippinas tend to be farmers or from rural areas.

Chinese have a population imbalance because they killed off too many of the girls in the womb. Many of the parents forced to have one child wanted a son to provide for them in their old age.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 7:51 pm
Chinese have a population imbalance because they killed off too many of the girls in the womb.
Koreans have this too. Or if not killing girls in the womb, some couples seem to have children until they have a son and then stop there. This leads to an imbalance.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 7:03 pm
Koreans have this too. Or if not killing girls in the womb, some couples seem to have children until they have a son and then stop there. This leads to an imbalance.
If they get girls until they get a boy, it might also be that they have more girls than boys in the family...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Cornfed wrote:
If they get girls until they get a boy, it might also be that they have more girls than boys in the family...
Yes. They are not hostile to girls - they just want at least one boy and a small number of children. I can't be bothered to do the math problem right now, but if you work it out, such behaviour over a large population will result in a certain higher percentage of boys.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

^ Nothing that can't be fixed with a dose of gynocentrism! Give women every advantage in life so that the men give up and start killing themselves at the high rates that men do. (Ah, that joke was not funny, I know)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Chinese have a population imbalance because they killed off too many of the girls in the womb.
If that were the case, Chinese men could come in and marry up the excess female population.

I found this in a websearch, but it doesn't give the states here for the younger generation or as it applies to singes:

"Republic of Korea male to female ratio was at level of 100.43 males per 100 females in 2015, up from 100.42 males per 100 females in 2010, this is a change of 0.01%." from https://knoema.com/atlas/Republic-of-Ko ... male-ratio
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 3:20 pm
Cornfed wrote:
MrMan wrote:
If that were the case, Chinese men could come in and marry up the excess female population.
Eh, it obviously leads to an excess male population.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Okay, I misunderstood where you were going with that.
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

MrMan wrote:
When I was in Korea, I heard there were Korean farmers importing ethnic Korean wives from ethnic Korean communities in China. Korean women wanted to marry the men who worked for companies in the cities. Farmers were having a hard time finding wives.

From what I've seen from news online, the Koreans marrying Vietnamese or Filippinas tend to be farmers or from rural areas.

Chinese have a population imbalance because they killed off too many of the girls in the womb. Many of the parents forced to have one child wanted a son to provide for them in their old age.
Korean farmers have been importing wives from Southeast Asia for a while now. Most Korean women now don’t want to work on a farm. I do not blame the Korean women. Korea is a very developed country now, and a Korean women have a lot more opportunity to find lucrative, satisfying careers. Farm work in Korea is really hard, backbreaking work. Many SK farmer men are oftentimes low mentality, low education guys that also have a history of being very abusive to their foreign wives. I can’t blame Korean women for skipping out on that deal.