The Dark Side of Latin America Nobody Talks About?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

DevilsAdvocate wrote: I know that you are a black guy, so we are a little bit different obviously, but I think like you do, the Latin girls don't really do much for me for some reason, not sure why.

So what kind of girls do you like? The Asians? Or you like the white European girls?
I'm partial to the darker-haired Europeans. Some Asians like Japanese appeal to me to, but not all.

Latin women can sometimes be attractive to me, but I want nothing to do with them given my experiences living down there.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

royaldude
Freshman Poster

in my opinion

Post by royaldude »

i think after living for a couple years in peru and mexico that its safe if your not flashy also never tell women what you make. people talk. latin america is advantageos mainly since once you speak spanish it opens up a ton of p***y available to you. the weather is good and its a laid back lifestyle. just avoid the drug scene and downplay your wealth and you willl be ok. i personally have a fetish for latin girls and living here is a great fit for me for some if not a lot of guys its not a good fit. to each his own "dude abides"
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Dark Side of Latin America Nobody Talks About?

Post by yick »

South America has it's own vibe, the problem with people is that they COMPARE it to where they're from and if you're going to do that then you're going to be unhappy with it all.

A lot of South America is dangerous, you can't do what you want, when you want, wherever you want - you have to get to know the lie of the land and know which places are safe and which aren't.

People are in the main, happy-go-lucky, easily to befriend but then things don't get done or done to a manner not of your satisfaction - or one big pet peeve of foreigners is the atrocious timekeeping of the locals - who hate to be kept on 'La Hora Ingles'

You'll get ripped off there even if you look like a local but don't speak like one - the price goes up as soon as you open your mouth - it's annoying as shit but this goes back to ignorance and a lack of civic education amongst a lot of people - more and more (educated) local people are starting to voice their frustrations against their fellow citizens and their lack of civic education - there is a lack of social intelligence - which stunts social development and that carries on over to actual economic development.

The problem with it is that it CAN look like Europe or North America in some places but it just simply isn't - even Argentina, Uruguay and southern Brazil are like this - the people think and act the bloody same as they do in Colombia or Venezuela.

I think we're going to see the biggest shift towards prosperity for Latin America within this century - especially Pacific Coastal nations such as Peru, Chile, Panama, Colombia etc - but they'll never be first world ever - they will be on par with Thailand, Malaysia and Taiwan - eventually - even though those countries have been independent or been in existence for a few decades and most of Latin America have been independent for over 200 years :lol: but even when it gets there - the people will still be the same - it will still be dangerous, workmen won't give a shit, stuff won't work AND it will be expensive and people will still turn up four hours late for an appointment.

If you're thinking of going there - take it for what it is - just like you would with going to Asia - they do things different - no use getting angry at it all - it will take time to adjust.

There are lots of good things about living there of course but that's another post.
ElPajaro
Freshman Poster

Post by ElPajaro »

The dark side of Mexico is all the fat bitches walking around. Crime there is overhyped.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

ElPajaro wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 8:54 pm
The dark side of Mexico is all the fat bitches walking around. Crime there is overhyped.
Heh, yep. The Mexican state of Yucatan has a lower murder rate than Wisconsin.

I agree with the consensus that Latinas can be world-class beauties. There were quite a few gorgeous - and fun - girls at my school of Hispanic (typically Mexican) descent. I'm just not a fan of the gag boobs that are so common among women in Colombia, Paraguay, and other South American countries.
5/13/2024