Colombia over Mexico?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Colombia over Mexico?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

So now I'm really thinking about going to Colombia early next year since it appears that getting an English teaching job is easier there than it is to get one in Mexico. Also, I've heard from other HAers who have been to both Mexico and Colombia that dating wise Colombia is exponentially better than Mexico in these regards: fewer single mothers and the women being more open to dating a foreigner. But I have read that the hottest women in Medellin are standoffish because gringo sex tourists ruined the place, although one can still approach other decent looking women in the park. Additionally, a guy on the site My Latin Life told me that the fresa women in certain pocket areas of Mexico such as Puebla or Guadalajara are similar to American women in some ways like being cliquish and only going for the "popular guys" in their clique but aren't feminazis. But if Canada, the US, and Mexico merge to form the North American Union, feminism will plague Mexico, and there will be misandrist laws like child support and alimony. When I get the chance to go to Colombia, I was considering some of the medium-sized cities like Pereira or Manizales since life is much slower paced than in big metropolises like Bogotá. Additionally, I have also read that Colombia is generally safer than Mexico. The violence and kidnappings drastically decreased since their peak in the 80s and 90s, while some pocket areas of Mexico are still quite dangerous like the state of Tamaulipas where kidnappings are at a much higher rate than anywhere else in the country. I know that not everyone's experiences overseas will be the same depending on where they go, but for a gringo, is Colombia better for dating than Mexico?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Colombia over Mexico?

Post by droid »

MattHanson1990 wrote:So now I'm really thinking about going to Colombia early next year since it appears that getting an English teaching job is easier there than it is to get one in Mexico. Also, I've heard from other HAers who have been to both Mexico and Colombia that dating wise Colombia is exponentially better than Mexico in these regards: fewer single mothers and the women being more open to dating a foreigner. But I have read that the hottest women in Medellin are standoffish because gringo sex tourists ruined the place, although one can still approach other decent looking women in the park. Additionally, a guy on the site My Latin Life told me that the fresa women in certain pocket areas of Mexico such as Puebla or Guadalajara are similar to American women in some ways like being cliquish and only going for the "popular guys" in their clique but aren't feminazis. But if Canada, the US, and Mexico merge to form the North American Union, feminism will plague Mexico, and there will be misandrist laws like child support and alimony. When I get the chance to go to Colombia, I was considering some of the medium-sized cities like Pereira or Manizales since life is much slower paced than in big metropolises like Bogotá. Additionally, I have also read that Colombia is generally safer than Mexico. The violence and kidnappings drastically decreased since their peak in the 80s and 90s, while some pocket areas of Mexico are still quite dangerous like the state of Tamaulipas where kidnappings are at a much higher rate than anywhere else in the country. I know that not everyone's experiences overseas will be the same depending on where they go, but for a gringo, is Colombia better for dating than Mexico?
Not to be a naysayer, but a couple of quick generalized points specifically for you Matt, based on my experience and what I've seen you post:

I think Mexican women are more down to earth and more family oriented. Colombian culture is decaying and getting "Westernized" real fast, and single-motherhood is a real epidemic.

Bogota/Medellin women are more into looks and money.
Bogota's women are generally fugly but ironically have the worst attitude. Medellin girls are much hotter, it's a better reward.

Manizales :

Manizales women are the hottest in Colombia, hands down, it's absurd.
Great "ratios" and they will forgive your looks and height, tradeoff is that you 'entertain' well. Again great ratios but won't exactly throw themselves at you. Will treat you really well but you will have to do most of the initial work/courting.
They will not forgive your age though, I found they're quite ageist now, which was not the case in the past AFAIK. I generally saw a 2-3 year gap at most, with just tiny sprinkles of 10-20 year gaps. I managed to "pull" this 25 yo but it was exceptional. 18-20yos from college would not give me the time of day, even though everyone says I look 25-30.

Dancing and "verbo" (game, ironically) are of essence. If you still feel introverted you might struggle, since like I said, most of the initial burden is on you.
A "shortcut" to this would be if you get to establish on a more permanent basis and go to school and work. This way you can have repeated interactions with the same girl(s), instead of cold/warm approaching. Rapport and "circle" works wonders here.

Again not a naysayer here Matt, i just feel you might still be a newbie/naive in your development for this place.
Your mileage may vary of course, it depends if you will compromise on looks/age/kids.

Sentinel89 and travelsouth might disagree but i think they have better looks and targeted different areas.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

That is an interesting post!!! I happen to agree with you that Colombia would be a better option than Mexico. Not to mention many Colombian women are very attractive looking and have nice curvy figures!!! And by the way MattHanson1990, I have run across a website you might want to check out called Latin-wife.com.

http://www.Latin-wife.com
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

IraqVet2003 wrote:That is an interesting post!!! I happen to agree with you that Colombia would be a better option than Mexico. Not to mention many Colombian women are very attractive looking and have nice curvy figures!!! And by the way MattHanson1990, I have run across a website you might want to check out called Latin-wife.com.

http://www.Latin-wife.com
(by International Introductions-The American Men's Alternative to American Women)
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

How many cents are you getting per click?
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

droid wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:So now I'm really thinking about going to Colombia early next year since it appears that getting an English teaching job is easier there than it is to get one in Mexico. Also, I've heard from other HAers who have been to both Mexico and Colombia that dating wise Colombia is exponentially better than Mexico in these regards: fewer single mothers and the women being more open to dating a foreigner. But I have read that the hottest women in Medellin are standoffish because gringo sex tourists ruined the place, although one can still approach other decent looking women in the park. Additionally, a guy on the site My Latin Life told me that the fresa women in certain pocket areas of Mexico such as Puebla or Guadalajara are similar to American women in some ways like being cliquish and only going for the "popular guys" in their clique but aren't feminazis. But if Canada, the US, and Mexico merge to form the North American Union, feminism will plague Mexico, and there will be misandrist laws like child support and alimony. When I get the chance to go to Colombia, I was considering some of the medium-sized cities like Pereira or Manizales since life is much slower paced than in big metropolises like Bogotá. Additionally, I have also read that Colombia is generally safer than Mexico. The violence and kidnappings drastically decreased since their peak in the 80s and 90s, while some pocket areas of Mexico are still quite dangerous like the state of Tamaulipas where kidnappings are at a much higher rate than anywhere else in the country. I know that not everyone's experiences overseas will be the same depending on where they go, but for a gringo, is Colombia better for dating than Mexico?
Not to be a naysayer, but a couple of quick generalized points specifically for you Matt, based on my experience and what I've seen you post:

I think Mexican women are more down to earth and more family oriented. Colombian culture is decaying and getting "Westernized" real fast, and single-motherhood is a real epidemic.

Bogota/Medellin women are more into looks and money.
Bogota's women are generally fugly but ironically have the worst attitude. Medellin girls are much hotter, it's a better reward.

Manizales :

Manizales women are the hottest in Colombia, hands down, it's absurd.
Great "ratios" and they will forgive your looks and height, tradeoff is that you 'entertain' well. Again great ratios but won't exactly throw themselves at you. Will treat you really well but you will have to do most of the initial work/courting.
They will not forgive your age though, I found they're quite ageist now, which was not the case in the past AFAIK. I generally saw a 2-3 year gap at most, with just tiny sprinkles of 10-20 year gaps. I managed to "pull" this 25 yo but it was exceptional. 18-20yos from college would not give me the time of day, even though everyone says I look 25-30.

Dancing and "verbo" (game, ironically) are of essence. If you still feel introverted you might struggle, since like I said, most of the initial burden is on you.
A "shortcut" to this would be if you get to establish on a more permanent basis and go to school and work. This way you can have repeated interactions with the same girl(s), instead of cold/warm approaching. Rapport and "circle" works wonders here.

Again not a naysayer here Matt, i just feel you might still be a newbie/naive in your development for this place.
Your mileage may vary of course, it depends if you will compromise on looks/age/kids.

Sentinel89 and travelsouth might disagree but i think they have better looks and targeted different areas.
What was your experience like in Mexico compared to Colombia? I kind of struggled in Guadalajara because I was introverted and was only there for two weeks.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

My experience with mexican women is very limited, and only briefly to some FOBs in the states. But from the mannerisms and language I saw you could tell the differences. Additionally, and I know this might be arguable, but if you look at their media and music, they promote better values. They're still not addicted to reggeton etc. Mexico is unique for spanish speaking countries in that they're less "tropical" if i may use the term.

Generally your introversion is still a problem, especially anywhere in the western hemisphere, difference in LAm is of course that if you manage to break it they will listen and you can play your cards.

And another note, don't limit yourself to the dating/sex pursuit, you can have actual female friends south of the border too. I still chat daily via wasssap with four girls that i met. It's only logical and human to do this, very rewarding stuff, as well as a great daily confidence boost lol.

And two weeks is nothing man, like I've posted before, in LAm rapport and circle are very important, you need to take your time.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

About the women in Manizales, will the ones in the 18-22 range not date anyone who's even 25?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I thought Cali was supposed to be interesting like that? Any reason it didn't make the list?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

MattHanson1990 wrote:About the women in Manizales, will the ones in the 18-22 range not date anyone who's even 25?
Yeah I didn't see that, at most there was a 2 or 3 year gap.
I'm sure it can happen, but you'd have to invest a lot of time, perhaps enrolling at the uni if you're under 30 or something. 18-22 were pretty aloof regardless of strata and some of the ones I talked to in the uni referred to me as "sir". At the 23-25 range there was a noticeable difference though.

In my case all this wasn't worth it since i had other longer term plans, I wasn't about to spend a full year or more over there without any guarantees; besides, part of what I really want is to get the attention without having to bend over backwards for it, what some guys term "for me" or "for who I am" lol.
**compare that to the rock star treatment I'm getting in Vietnam, thin 18-20yos just gawking with admiration, giggling, and making conversation. It's literally another world :P

If you make a spectrum of female behavior, with Northridge or Miami c*nts in one extreme, and phillipinas on the other, Colombians would be about at the 0.4 mark, and vietnamese at about 0.8.
wolfeye wrote:I thought Cali was supposed to be interesting like that? Any reason it didn't make the list?
I didn't see any attractive women in Cali (mind you after being spoiled in Manizales), nor particular interesting night life or down to earth girls you could dance with. Maybe my taste is too specific though, or I spent too little time, like five days.
I just ended up going to some of the 'bars' :wink: and banged some true centerfolds :shock: , but they were all just paisas (from medellin), really complaisant girls.
The clerk at my hotel was an attractive single mom green eyed blonde. I got her number and we were chatting over Wassp but she ended up flaking.
So i don't know, i wouldn't go back to Cali.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

droid wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:About the women in Manizales, will the ones in the 18-22 range not date anyone who's even 25?
Yeah I didn't see that, at most there was a 2 or 3 year gap.
I'm sure it can happen, but you'd have to invest a lot of time, perhaps enrolling at the uni if you're under 30 or something. 18-22 were pretty aloof regardless of strata and some of the ones I talked to in the uni referred to me as "sir". At the 23-25 range there was a noticeable difference though.

In my case all this wasn't worth it since i had other longer term plans, I wasn't about to spend a full year or more over there without any guarantees; besides, part of what I really want is to get the attention without having to bend over backwards for it, what some guys term "for me" or "for who I am" lol.
**compare that to the rock star treatment I'm getting in Vietnam, thin 18-20yos just gawking with admiration, giggling, and making conversation. It's literally another world :P

If you make a spectrum of female behavior, with Northridge or Miami c*nts in one extreme, and phillipinas on the other, Colombians would be about at the 0.4 mark, and vietnamese at about 0.8.
wolfeye wrote:I thought Cali was supposed to be interesting like that? Any reason it didn't make the list?
I didn't see any attractive women in Cali (mind you after being spoiled in Manizales), nor particular interesting night life or down to earth girls you could dance with. Maybe my taste is too specific though, or I spent too little time, like five days.
I just ended up going to some of the 'bars' :wink: and banged some true centerfolds :shock: , but they were all just paisas (from medellin), really complaisant girls.
The clerk at my hotel was an attractive single mom green eyed blonde. I got her number and we were chatting over Wassp but she ended up flaking.
So i don't know, i wouldn't go back to Cali.
As far as the 23-25 range, are there plenty who are still single without kids? And where can you meet those types other than cold approaching or on the street?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

MattHanson1990 wrote:As far as the 23-25 range, are there plenty who are still single without kids? And where can you meet those types other than cold approaching or on the street?
That's the thing over there, most women over 20 already have 1 or 2 kids. The best/only chance for meeting some childless women is at the uni, you'd have to enroll like I said.
Remember I'm talking about Manizales. If you go to the bigger Bogota or Medellin there are less SMs, but there are the other tradeoffs I posted, and you have to be like sentinel89/travelsouth, more of a high roller or something, if you want to save time IMO.

I understand E. Irrizarry was going to be in Colombia this month, I hope he reports his experience.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

droid wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
That's the thing over there, most women over 20 already have 1 or 2 kids. The best/only chance for meeting some childless women is at the uni, you'd have to enroll like I said.
Remember I'm talking about Manizales. If you go to the bigger Bogota or Medellin there are less SMs, but there are the other tradeoffs I posted, and you have to be like sentinel89/travelsouth, more of a high roller or something, if you want to save time IMO.

I understand E. Irrizarry was going to be in Colombia this month, I hope he reports his experience.
Can a guy play his instrument in the plaza or the park and meet women that way? That's how Falcon met women when he was in Mexico. And even I got some smiles in Mexico when I played my violin.

Or perhaps I'll stick with Mexico to see how I'll do in other cities and just write off Colombia. Mexican women could be more down to earth than Colombianas, despite Mexico is right next door to the US. This next time I go back to Mexico, I was considering some 2nd and 3rd tier cities like Guanajuato, Chihuahua, Hermosillo, or Durango. Guadalajara had a fast paced lifestyle, and that could be another reason why meeting people can be difficult at times.

Now here's what I experienced regarding SM's in Mexico based on the city I was in.

- Ciudad Juarez was plagued with single mothers as it mostly consists of low class Mexicans, and their fathers go to the US. So low quality unattractive women were everywhere, and obesity is another problem along the border as well; any girl at least a 7 were either taken or had a lot of guys hitting on them.

- Guadalajara was like night and day from Juarez. Not only there were fewer single moms. The girls I chatted up there were also more intellectual, and I was able to hold an intelligent conversation with them. And women who were at least 7 were everywhere, even in the more shady areas. In Guadalajara proper, I didn't see very many 10s, as they are mostly the upper class chicks in Zapopan and have the fresa attitude. Now, I did go onto the U de G campus not enrolled, and I was able to chat up some of the students (at a college here in the US, I would be invisible, even if I was enrolled). And college students in Mexico were NOTHING like their American counterparts.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Now I'm wondering if Colombia really IS becoming like the Anglosphere. Afterall, there was a SlutWalk in Bogotá in 2013, and women from Toronto, Canada are trying to spread their feminism all over the world. Does one think the SlutWalk was what caused Colombian culture to degrade and become Americanized?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.